RIP Terry Pratchett

davkol

12 Mar 2015, 17:24

PEOPLE'S WHOLE LIVES *DO* PASS IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES BEFORE THEY DIE. THE PROCESS IS CALLED 'LIVING'.

"When it's time to stop living, I will certainly make Death my number one choice!"

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

12 Mar 2015, 17:27

RIP Mr. Pratchett, I discovered the discworld way too late. His humour never failed to entertain me.

HzFaq

12 Mar 2015, 17:32

RIP Sir Terry.

My favourite author by a mile, I can still remember reading the Carpet People when I was about 7 or 8 and being totally hooked. I don't think I've re-read a book as often as I've re-read the Colour of Magic or the Light Fantastic.

Muirium
µ

12 Mar 2015, 17:35

Booger. My favourite was Hunter S. Thompson (strange kid) but Pratchet was the wiser man. We live in less interesting times now. His metaphysics were the stuff of magic. And I mean that as a complement.

HzFaq

12 Mar 2015, 17:46

HST played a big part of my teenage years, but Sir Terry and Tolkien are the writters that got me hooked on reading as a young kid.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Mar 2015, 17:54

The color of magic and A light fantastic are my best books ever. It's a sad day.

andrewjoy

12 Mar 2015, 18:06

You know what , never read one of his books.

RIP man

Findecanor

12 Mar 2015, 21:29

I have never been a big Pratchett-fan, but I have also never not been entertained by one of his books when I have picked one up.

Return to “Off-topic”