XMITjr

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Jun 2015, 13:26

The XMIT family grew yesterday evening as XMITjr (son) was born!

MrsXMIT (wife) and littleXMIT (daughter/big sister) are all doing great.

Please forgive any delays in shipping, responses to PMs, etc. in the next couple of weeks.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Jun 2015, 13:34

chzel

10 Jun 2015, 13:37

Congrats!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

10 Jun 2015, 13:39

Congratulations, bet Joseliño is going to to become a keyboard enthusiast, too.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Jun 2015, 13:41

Probably. littleXMIT plays with a Dell rubber dome keyboard but obviously prefers the Model M. I prefer single key caps as they don't go flying everywhere when she inevitably drops a keyboard. I suspect XMITjr wil go for a V60 now as it's about the only keyboard I have that is smaller than he is.

HzFaq

10 Jun 2015, 13:48

Congrats dude.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Jun 2015, 13:57

Congratulations XMIT! Big day for you. All the best for you and your family.

jou

10 Jun 2015, 14:00

Congratulations!

Findecanor

10 Jun 2015, 14:08

Congratulations!

SL89

10 Jun 2015, 15:54

Congrats

andrewjoy

10 Jun 2015, 16:14

Congrats! Get him his first keyboard early ! Something nice like a beamspring.

seebart

10 Jun 2015, 16:21

andrewjoy wrote: Congrats! Get him his first keyboard early ! Something nice like a beamspring.
You can't start a child out on beamspring Andrew! Gotta start with something basic like Model M or G80. :mrgreen:

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Jun 2015, 16:23

seebart wrote:
andrewjoy wrote: Congrats! Get him his first keyboard early ! Something nice like a beamspring.
You can't start a child out on beamspring Andrew! Gotta start with something basic like Model M or G80. :mrgreen:
Correct. XMITjr can have his choice between Matias Quiet Click and Cherry MX Clear for now. For more routine smashing and bashing old rubber dome keyboards are great. I might volunteer MrsXMIT's old keyboard for this...

...or an HHKB Lite. :lol:

HzFaq

10 Jun 2015, 16:24

My 3 year old "uses" a PokerX with reds (with Cherry doubleshots of course); light enough for her to carry it around, durable enough to take a drop and easy enough to repair and clean.

Haven't given the 6 month old a board yet, he's only just got the hang of sitting up and is teething something fierce at the moment so anything I give him would probably end up with teeth marks in it.

elecplus

10 Jun 2015, 16:36

My grandmother's favorite trick for teething babies was to tie a quarter into a corner of an old handkerchief and freeze it. The quarter won't come out if tied properly, and the frozen metal soothes the gums. Easy to launder and use again and again. No drippy water mess, and the hanky absorbs the slobber. There were no plastic teething rings in her day!

andrewjoy

10 Jun 2015, 16:48

seebart wrote:
why not ? Who does not want a keyboard bigger than themselves ?

chzel

10 Jun 2015, 16:56

The kid needs something to look forward to...If you start with a beamspring, then what? MX?

eldorange

10 Jun 2015, 16:56

Congrats for an addition to your beautiful family...

I demand a kishsaver for the new little kid as his first serious kb collection!

seebart

10 Jun 2015, 16:57

andrewjoy wrote:
seebart wrote:
why not ? Who does not want a keyboard bigger than themselves ?
OK that's an interesting thought. I'd suggest displaywriter then. Great white.

andrewjoy

10 Jun 2015, 17:06

chzel wrote: The kid needs something to look forward to...If you start with a beamspring, then what? MX?

Hall effect with MX comparable mounts and standard TKL layout !

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Jun 2015, 18:12

andrewjoy wrote:
chzel wrote: The kid needs something to look forward to...If you start with a beamspring, then what? MX?
You're not supposed to know about that. :o

andrewjoy

10 Jun 2015, 19:45

XMIT wrote:
andrewjoy wrote:
You're not supposed to know about that. :o

with spherical BPT dyesub !

photekq
Cherry Picker

10 Jun 2015, 20:04

Congratulations! :mrgreen:

HAL

10 Jun 2015, 20:20

Congratulations

Madhias
BS TORPE

10 Jun 2015, 21:03

Also from our family congratulations!

JustLiQuiD

10 Jun 2015, 21:53

Congratulations! :)

JBert

10 Jun 2015, 22:09

XMIT wrote:
seebart wrote:
Correct. XMITjr can have his choice between Matias Quiet Click and Cherry MX Clear for now. For more routine smashing and bashing old rubber dome keyboards are great. I might volunteer MrsXMIT's old keyboard for this...

...or an HHKB Lite. :lol:
I loved to hammer on a model F when I was a kid (around 12 or so) to sound real serious. Little did I know that I'd use it daily at home after 10 more years.

Slom

10 Jun 2015, 22:31

Congratulations! Children are key in life :)

Ace
§

10 Jun 2015, 23:17

Congrats! Must be a pretty happy time. :D

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

11 Jun 2015, 02:40

Cheers!! :)

Return to “Off-topic”