dutch DTers?

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 Jan 2014, 10:33

hi! i live in holland now. isn't that weird?

who lives here? who lives here and wants to drink beer?
Last edited by sth on 23 Jan 2014, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

wheybags

23 Jan 2014, 12:44

This isn't gh ;_;
I'm not dutch anyway :P

Muirium
µ

23 Jan 2014, 13:30

Don't know about GHers, but plenty of people on DT are Dutch (or Nederlandsian or whatever they actually call their country again… said the Scotchman) probably second only to Germans around here, I think. Fair few from Britain too, obviously.

JBert

23 Jan 2014, 13:55

Maybe you need to update your location in your profile too.

BimboBB

23 Jan 2014, 14:49

welcome to the eu madhouse! :)

7bit

23 Jan 2014, 15:29

:lol:

Welcome to your new homes (NL && DT)!
:-)

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 Jan 2014, 15:37

ahhh oops :oops: :oops: :oops: you know what i meant :lol:

wheybags

23 Jan 2014, 18:08

Now my first reply make me look like an arse :P

Muirium
µ

23 Jan 2014, 18:19

The artfulle magick of retroposting. Take that, readability! Hyyy-ya! <cuts to Bruce Lee jumping off a building in that first western movie he was ever in> Victory.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jan 2014, 00:42

the dutch :roll:

adhoc

24 Jan 2014, 08:29

wheybags wrote:This isn't gh ;_;
Pretty good advice, especially for a GHer like sth.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jan 2014, 11:02

adhoc wrote:
wheybags wrote:This isn't gh ;_;
Pretty good advice, especially for a GHer like sth.
please teach me the ways of eurostyle keyboarding. i'm all ears :)

adhoc

24 Jan 2014, 11:08

Well you might try not calling people discussing German Nazis, that would be a pretty good start, especially over here in Europe.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jan 2014, 11:21

adhoc wrote:Well you might try not calling people discussing German Nazis, that would be a pretty good start, especially over here in Europe.
see my avatar

BimboBB

24 Jan 2014, 14:58

sth wrote: please teach me the ways of eurostyle keyboarding. i'm all ears :)
thats easy....always demand ISO layout and language packs in GB's....done! :twisted:

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2014, 15:10

Also routinely complain about all the bother and DER ZOLL it takes to import keyboards not sold anywhere inside the EU, like HHKBs. If you just do that, we'll forget all about your being from the land of EK.

7bit

24 Jan 2014, 15:24

sth wrote:please teach me the ways of eurostyle keyboarding. i'm all ears :)
Check out marktplaats.nl for cool toetsenbords.
;-)
BimboBB wrote:thats easy....always demand ISO layout and language packs in GB's....done! :twisted:
He is still in an ANSI country, so no need for him to use ISO layouts.
:cool:

BimboBB

24 Jan 2014, 15:46

dammit! :x

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jan 2014, 16:27

7bit wrote:
BimboBB wrote:thats easy....always demand ISO layout and language packs in GB's....done! :twisted:
He is still in an ANSI country, so no need for him to use ISO layouts.
:cool:
God zij dank!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jan 2014, 16:28

Muirium wrote:Also routinely complain about all the bother and DER ZOLL it takes to import keyboards not sold anywhere inside the EU, like HHKBs. If you just do that, we'll forget all about your being from the land of EK.
i just got smacked in the face with my first big VAT charge :( cost 328€ in import duty to get my bike here. at least my employer is paying for it! :twisted:

Kurk

24 Jan 2014, 16:29

7bit wrote: Check out marktplaats.nl for cool toetsenbords.
Shhhhhh, don't tell!

Also, in the Netherlands it's the douane / belastingdienst who is taking your money.
Last edited by Kurk on 24 Jan 2014, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

24 Jan 2014, 16:32

i already knew about marktplaats but i didn't know there were cool boards on it :) much cooler than craigslist. the map view is really neat!

kint

24 Jan 2014, 17:11

sth wrote:...please teach me the ways of eurostyle keyboarding. i'm all ears :)
sth wrote:i already knew about marktplaats but i didn't know there were cool boards on it :) much cooler than craigslist. the map view is really neat!
Well there you go with another difference. Craigslist doesn't have a fancy website but the amount of items offered is huge, not to say gigantic, compared to the EU versions of small ads services. Ebay comp. used to buy them all btw. And all of the CL items are domestic shipping, hence you have lots of offers.
Over here there's a lot of international - EU internal shipping, and importing stuff is, as you already noticed, prone to being taxed. Goes for private trades/sales/used stuff too btw.
CL tried to get a piece of the pie, but never took off. Mostyl exiled US citizens using it I guess. Amsterdam CL for computers: http://amsterdam.en.craigslist.org/search/sya?query=+

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2014, 17:20

Bustling, compared to Edinburgh's desert of a Craigslist:

http://edinburgh.craigslist.co.uk/search/sya?query=+

I have no idea why CL didn't take off over here when eBay and Amazon did. Gumtree (shudder) is where all the action's at in Britain, at least. And it's horrible. Take a look:

http://www.gumtree.com/computers-software/edinburgh

More listings in an hour than the local CL gets in a month. But it's shite. Stupid network effects…

Findecanor

24 Jan 2014, 18:16

Hey, where in the Netherlands are you, sth? :)
I think Webwit lives in Utrecht and Mr Interface in Eindhoven. I forgot where Kurrk is from.. At least one somewhat less active member lives in Amsterdam.
7bit wrote:He is still in an ANSI country, so no need for him to use ISO layouts.
Yeah, I think NL is the only country in Europe that uses ANSI layout.
Some countries such as Russia, Romania etc. go either way while most European layout use one key more than ANSI for all their symbols.

tinnie

24 Jan 2014, 18:56

Findecanor wrote:Hey, where in the Netherlands are you, sth? :)
I think Webwit lives in Utrecht and Mr Interface in Eindhoven. I forgot where Kurrk is from.. At least one somewhat less active member lives in Amsterdam.
7bit wrote:He is still in an ANSI country, so no need for him to use ISO layouts.
Some countries such as Russia, Romania etc. go either way while most European layout use one key more than ANSI for all their symbols.
Webwit lives around 70km away from Utrecht. :P

webwit
Wild Duck

24 Jan 2014, 19:01

The Utrechters. :roll:

Muirium
µ

24 Jan 2014, 19:11

Findecanor wrote:
Quite why we bother in Britain, I do not understand. We're basically ISO US… with £ where # should be.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

25 Jan 2014, 14:26

webwit wrote:The Utrechters. :roll:
oops :(

:lol:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

25 Jan 2014, 16:09

grolsch... it's no rainier, but it's at least as good as hamm's/pbr/olympia. i think i'll be drinking a lot of it :)

Return to “Off-topic”