Top Gun Coolmadness Whoopi Goldberg As Guinan's Eyebrows

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

22 May 2014, 10:24

new blog post: testing the waters

you guys! i thought i would test out a new blogging platform. the wysiwig editor on this blog host is pretty nice. and i like the smiley yellow mans more here 8-)

anyways this is my side blog. i will post blog posts here sometimes. please feel free to comment on my blog posts! i love to foster a sense of community with my readers.

my interests include happy hacking, happy dogs and all dogs. i live in holland! but i don't ride a bike. yet! :idea: i should probably buy one.

My Blogroll:
Daniel Goshdang Beardsmore
Last edited by sth on 06 Oct 2014, 15:22, edited 9 times in total.

Medowy

22 May 2014, 10:34

Looking forward to your blog posts.

Also dogs.

And happy hackings.

Bikes.

dustinhxc

22 May 2014, 10:51

Awww yea what is up my man! :=)

scottc

22 May 2014, 11:45

how about some corn :?: :?: :?:

Muirium
µ

22 May 2014, 12:21

John Carmack rocked so hard as a kid…

woody
Count Troller

22 May 2014, 13:23

That a beagle?

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

22 May 2014, 18:03

scottc wrote:how about some corn :?: :?: :?:
well maybe a little on the sides 8-)

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 May 2014, 08:49

new blog post: yeah, but for real though!

hey! i think i really like blogging here. i don't have to worry about anything like people Tracking My Links And Clicks. Or my blog visitors! sure, i know lots of you have taken the time to sign up for geekhack or deskthority just so you can participate in the community element of my blog and for that i am truly grateful, but i do worry about the safety of our unregistered users' browsing information.

here are some questions for the more astute, world-wide-blogging-web aficionados:

-is google analytics anything like Bonzai Buddy?
-does deskthority have a Norton?
-why is the Norton so annoying?!
-have you ever shaved your legs?
-do you think about it?

:?: :?: :?: :?:

BlueBär

23 May 2014, 09:13

Dear Mr. Sth,
what do you think would be the best way to shave my legs? I tried duck tape, but then I accidentally the whole leg. What would you suggest?

Sincerely, BlueBär

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 May 2014, 09:32

BlueBär wrote:Dear Mr. Sth,
what do you think would be the best way to shave my legs? I tried duck tape, but then I accidentally the whole leg. What would you suggest?

Sincerely, BlueBär
with shaving :|

webwit
Wild Duck

23 May 2014, 12:36

I don't think you live in Holland at all. The picture shows an enormous mountain peak in the background which scares me as a Dutch person. Heights. This can't be the lowlands. Surely you live in Tibet. Come to think of it, the monk dog gives it away.

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 12:39

Mountains? Try saying that to a Scotsman.

7bit

23 May 2014, 12:49

Aussie vs. Scotsman: "Real men use real knives!"

Back on topic:
Image Nederland as viewed from the Caribbean sea.
:o

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 May 2014, 13:23

webwit wrote:I don't think you live in Holland at all. The picture shows an enormous mountain peak in the background which scares me as a Dutch person. Heights. This can't be the lowlands. Surely you live in Tibet. Come to think of it, the monk dog gives it away.
i'm only staying in holland. i hail from in between two mountain ranges and these flat lands are really what scares me.

hey! here's a question for dutch folks: why techno? why so MUCH techno? why ONLY techno? dang. too much, man. too much techno. stop!!!

Fig. 1: Technoverload!!!

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 13:28

Didn't you know before you arrived? There's no limit!

webwit
Wild Duck

23 May 2014, 13:54

I think the techno makes the XTC palpable. Or was it the other way round? I don't know, I grew up in a timeframe when grass and reggea and ska were the thing. If I'm correct XTC and techno/trance have peaked some time ago, destined for export.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 May 2014, 14:45

webwit wrote:I think the techno makes the XTC palpable. Or was it the other way round? I don't know, I grew up in a timeframe when grass and reggea and ska were the thing. If I'm correct XTC and techno/trance have peaked some time ago, destined for export.
mdma makes everything more tolerable but i still hate techno when i'm on it.
and hey aren't like 3 or 4 of holland's richest bastards DJs?!

anyways i only brought it up because 2 separate girls on OKCupid invited me to go hear techno at a techno place and it's bumming me out

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 14:59

Surely there's some folk music still around? Trust me, there's nothing hotter for ambience than jaunty fiddle music. Well, it works in Scotland…

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

23 May 2014, 15:31

Muirium wrote:Surely there's some folk music still around? Trust me, there's nothing hotter for ambience than jaunty fiddle music. Well, it works in Scotland…
getting colder

Muirium
µ

23 May 2014, 15:33

<Tries to figure out what's on the other side of techno music, even further away than folk.>

Bach?

webwit
Wild Duck

23 May 2014, 15:46

Lots of folksy music here, Nederpop, Palingsound ("Eel sound"), Levenslied, etc. Andre Hazes was the king.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

26 May 2014, 12:23

new blog post: don't forget!

you guys! don't ever forget what's important to you. do you what you love even if you can't do it all the time. do what you have to and don't worry about if you like it or not, just get it done so you can worry about what really matters: maintaining your sawblade pogs and preventing delamination during play:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

27 May 2014, 14:13

blog post update: do what makes you happy!

like picard!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

27 May 2014, 15:43

New Blog Post: Contest Contest

i want to have a contest. the problem with this want is that i don't know what format the contest should take.

so i'm having a contest to figure out what the contest should be!

the rules for this contest are easy:
come up with the best, most realistically possible but ridiculously outlandish contest concept.

the prize for this contest will be an assortment of novelty keycaps from whatever i have laying around (nothing super dumb!).

the ACTUAL contest will have a better prize.

Daniel Beardsmore

27 May 2014, 22:37

Does this have to be an input device-related contest, or would something like long-distance SCUBA unicycling count?

Julle

27 May 2014, 23:46

sth wrote:New Blog Post: Contest Contest

i want to have a contest. the problem with this want is that i don't know what format the contest should take.

*snip snip*
Inspired by your initial post I'd say you should do the contest in the "Wrap a dog in a towel" format. Whoever produces the most entertaining dog (or equivalent) wrapped in a towel (or equivalent) wins.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 May 2014, 08:09

Julle wrote:
sth wrote:New Blog Post: Contest Contest

*snip snip*
Inspired by your initial post I'd say you should do the contest in the "Wrap a dog in a towel" format. Whoever produces the most entertaining dog (or equivalent) wrapped in a towel (or equivalent) wins.
this is a great idea! i am, however, concerned about discriminating against those who are not lucky enough to have dog pals at this time in their lives. but i like where this is going.

daniel, no, it doesn't have to be input-related although i am certainly open to that. it should however be something that is easy for anybody to participate in regardless of what they own or can buy.

Compgeke

28 May 2014, 09:05

Can it be who owns the most XT Model F boards? :D

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 May 2014, 09:54

new blog post: blog link

motha
fuckin
YOOOOOOOOO
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... nerds.html

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 May 2014, 15:27

Compgeke wrote:Can it be who owns the most XT Model F boards? :D
no but if it involves lots of dusty old keyboards you will DEFINITELY be in the running :lol:

Return to “Off-topic”