Topre truck.jpg (136.3 KiB) Viewed 2778 times

Muirium
µ

05 Jun 2014, 19:08

You come bearing HiPros!?!

We could use the truck…

Kurk

05 Jun 2014, 21:04

Filled to the brim. My suitcase that is.
Attachments
Topre haul.jpg
Topre haul.jpg (334.28 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
Last edited by Kurk on 05 Jun 2014, 21:38, edited 2 times in total.

Madhias
BS TORPE

05 Jun 2014, 21:23

https://www.google.at/maps/place/32%C2% ... !1s0x0:0x0

Nice, sometimes i will go to Japan!

Kurk

05 Jun 2014, 21:50

Oops, too much exif info.
Anyway, Kumamoto wasn't the most exciting place concerning keyboards. But this was compensated by Topre trucks and vulcanoes (Mt. Aso).
Actually, I didn't spot a lot of HiPros in the wild. Of the shops I've been in, only Sofmap in Tokyo (Akihabara) and PC Ones in Osaka (Den-Den Town) carried them.

7bit

05 Jun 2014, 22:35

Wow!
:ugeek:

And the truck driver gave those 2 for free?
:o
Spoiler:
You better buy a Nikon (no built-in GPS) and install Debian so you can use GIMP and ImageMagick!
:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2014, 03:38

Did you ever see the cream one?

If Topre ever makes a TKL version of that, goodness me!

Topre Enthusiast

06 Jun 2014, 03:42

Nice! What do you think of the HiPro?

Kurk

06 Jun 2014, 13:01

No cream one to be seen, unfortunately. I think it's South Korean only; the dual legends are US/Hangul.

002, the HiPro is really nice to type on. It compares favourably to my ordinary all-45g Realforce. I don't know if that's only because of the high profile or if there's more magic going on in the HiPro switches. Anyway, I like the fact that the top row and number rows are somewhat easier to reach owing to the high profile caps. I also appreciate the choice for deep dish caps on SDF and HJK instead of homing bumps. The spherical caps feel definitively different than ordinary Topre caps and also different from Signature Plastic's SA caps. Speaking of which, I really didn't like the combination of SA caps on tactile Cherry switches (brown or blue). Switches in the rows with the tallest caps, especially the number row, were very scratchy and tended to bind. The Realforce HiPro is totally different. This board is made for high profile caps, and even the number row is smooth as butter.
The only thing annoying are the eye-scorching blue LEDs. Well, at least there's something to nag. Oh and indeed, I would have liked the cream-coloured model even better.

Muirium
µ

06 Jun 2014, 13:09

Death to blue LEDs! The optical equivalent of a klaxon!

Thanks for spotting the Korean factor. I forget that Topre likes to OEM. I must move my search there…

vastonsmith

04 May 2015, 14:49

I can only envision one figure emerging from spam spam spam, spam spam spam
something the like of that…

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

04 May 2015, 14:54

vastonsmith wrote: I can only envision one figure emerging from SPAM LINK
something the like of that…
I thought I recognised that post!
http://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/an ... t8217.html

And while I'm here, I can hardly pass up an opportunity to post the image!

Muirium
µ

05 May 2015, 04:49

Well, that's one way to report spam…

Weird, the stuff they pick out. And so stupid, as the Spy will always catch them. These links aren't exactly hidden deep in the archives.

Return to “Off-topic”