[Event] Dreamhack @ Jönköping Sweden and a happy encounter!

noesc

16 Jun 2014, 06:08

Hi everyone,

So I'm part of the Crew @ Dreamhack and had a great experience today!

By a total coincidence I ended up at CoolerMasters booth here. I found a switch-tester laying around and I started to play with it for a bit. A couple of seconds later a friendly and smiley representative shows up:
"Hi! Which switch's your favorite?"
Totally with the expectation of getting a quizzical look I say: "Topre". But OH WAS I WRONG!
The reps. changes into this sly and half-smug face, waving his hand as to say; "This is going to be fun".
"Have you ever heard about our Novatouch?" He asks probingly, as to see just what kind of guy he has to deal with.
"Oh yes ofc!" I say.
Now he gets a sparkle in his eyes because he KNOWS that this is not going to be the average sales rep. conversation.
With a spring in his step he turns around and says: "Come here, I've got something for you."
From a unmarked, locked and half-hidden glass exhibition cabinet, he pulls out THE NovaTouch!

By pure chance, luck has it that I've just happened to bump into our very own CM Bram! And I'm just about to get an eye-to-eye and private discussion of the Novatouch.
The sample I got to try is a prototype from the same batch as the one Murium has his claws dug into. Sadly it's not the latest revision, which means there has been significant improvements in the design that I can't speak for. That said, I'm quite impressed with their job so far and I can't wait to try out the production-model.

Thanks Bram for this and it has been a real pleasure to hang out with you for a short while.

As promised I will make a short "first impression" piece, hopefully sometime today.
Hey! A great idea! I should definitely get Bram to let me write this piece on this said Novatouch unit!
I totally don't intend to use this post as a blackmail towards Bram. And under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I want anyone else to PM Bram and have you guys to push him to let me do this... Just saying...

;)

Sidenote:
Is there any other forum-members @ DH, maybe we can organize a meetup!

Cheers,
//noesc

adhoc

22 Jun 2014, 14:55

I really can't wait for NovaTouch. I just hope they'll fix the font and the case will be made of different material. Did you like it? What keyboards can you compare it to (what hands-on experience do you have with Topre)?

Return to “Off-topic”