webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2014, 23:22

We'll have to revoke your privileges.

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2014, 23:24

POST MORE!

You get a bonus from 7bot. He's posted like twice or something…

7bit

25 Aug 2014, 23:25

webwit wrote: We'll have to revoke your privileges.
:shock:

Nuum

25 Aug 2014, 23:51

Aaaand he did it!

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2014, 23:55

Ok, that's it 7bit. You may no longer wear the special funny hat, and have to mail it to Muirium.

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Aug 2014, 00:33

Wow, those are some big jumps.

It's like an 80s video game with absurdly high default entries in the high score table, except that the goalposts are forever moving.

The other thing is Muirium's join date …

It's quite an achievement to be able to talk more than I do.

Muirium
µ

26 Aug 2014, 00:37

Seeing as keyboards are my procrastination, I'm getting the sense I need an intervention. What's rehab like? Logitech…

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Aug 2014, 00:40

Remind me to add wiki edits to that score.

Muirium
µ

26 Aug 2014, 00:42

Balloon popped. Thanks Webwit!

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Aug 2014, 00:44

Rehab will be either to get lost in and gain great productivity in your professional life, whatever it is you do, selling herring or whatever. Or, getting married and domesticated by your wife.

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Aug 2014, 01:22

Muirium wrote: Seeing as keyboards are my procrastination, I'm getting the sense I need an intervention. What's rehab like? Logitech…
Drunkenness sickens me. I guess for some people, being sober is actually as unpleasant as being forced to use a cheap rubber dome keyboard all day, but that in itself isn't an excuse.

Unfortunately, one thing you learn very quickly is that one can't simply … equip every office with a quality keyboard. Open plan offices are a bad match for giving everyone IBM, and even Topre doesn't please everyone (it feels all rubbery and weird compared to MX red). It's something I've idly wondered about — what is the baseline standard that should be put on every desk for an acceptable cost to businesses (factoring in the resulting economies of scale) that's a good compromise for everyone's taste? Maybe if we resurrected the SMK second generation switch — the Matias quiet click switch is just too rough and juddery (not unless later production runs have improved the design).

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Aug 2014, 01:27

PS am I the only person who interprets webwit's avatar thus?
Duck hunt.png
Duck hunt.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 6025 times

Muirium
µ

26 Aug 2014, 01:37

Booze isn't the only addiction out there. Although it is beyond rife here in Scotland. I wasn't thinking substance abuse, more like purely behavioural stuff. Not actually sure how many keyboards I've got, maybe only a dozen! It's more the nattering about it that's caught me up.

As for your office question: MX red is a great candidate but for the bottoming out. They're hard to hate when you do a lot of typing, and I consider them Cherry's best all-rounder. But the whole MX lineup's incompatibility with good damping is enough to confuse anyone outside the community over whether reds are "clicky" or not.
Louder than a dome.

Hypersphere

26 Aug 2014, 01:50

Yes, there are many forms of addiction, but I should think there are far worse things than above-average postings on a keyboard forum. If it is concerning, then consulting a physician about an adjustment of dopamine levels could be in order. Alternatively, seeking more diversity in one's activities could be helpful.

Findecanor

26 Aug 2014, 08:16

Most of the guys at the top are there because they run group buys, with lots of updates, questions and answers, etc. in a few long threads.
Who would be in top of the post count if you didn't count the Marketplace?
... who would lead a top list of word count?

Topre Enthusiast

26 Aug 2014, 09:48

Congrats Muirium :)
Few people can claim a power..oh wait, post level of over 9000, and those that can probably can't also claim to have made quality posts.

scottc

26 Aug 2014, 10:58

I, for one, welcome our new Scottish overlords.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

26 Aug 2014, 11:17

Findecanor wrote: Most of the guys at the top are there because they run group buys, with lots of updates, questions and answers, etc. in a few long threads.
Who would be in top of the post count if you didn't count the Marketplace?
... who would lead a top list of word count?
7bit helps me with scripting sometimes :ugeek:
generally i think the high-postcount folks on this forum are some of the more helpful and/or knowledgeable, unlike so many internet forums.

i mean just look at my posts on geekhack :lol: or dont. :x

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

27 Aug 2014, 02:02

Congratulations Mu!

Hey, if wiki edits are being added to the "score", why not CherryMX/7bot activity? ;)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

28 Aug 2014, 04:18

Time for me to get serious. I'm tired of wading in the hundreds.

skrotnisse

12 Nov 2014, 23:24

Who is Ripster?

scottc

12 Nov 2014, 23:28

No idea, never heard of him!

:maverick:

7bit

13 Nov 2014, 00:02

Ripster was the number one keyboard expert on planet earth, before he went crazy and had to be brought to a mental hospital.
:cry:

Daniel Beardsmore

13 Nov 2014, 00:42

7-bit's computer can do colours?

Belfong

13 Nov 2014, 01:20

7bit wrote:Ripster was the number one keyboard expert on planet earth, before he went crazy and had to be brought to a mental hospital.
:cry:
In his LinkedIn, he still claim to be the number one keyboard expert in the world.

Daniel Beardsmore

13 Nov 2014, 02:07

Maybe we need a keyboard expert examination …

Muirium
µ

13 Nov 2014, 02:51

Let me tell you, it's not simply correlated to post count…

skrotnisse

13 Nov 2014, 08:10

:3

ray4jc

13 Nov 2014, 13:34

Congrats Muirium I should post here more :D

Return to “Off-topic”