Long shot... Adobe edu discount

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Oct 2014, 17:07

it's a long shot I know but... does anyone have edu discount on adobe products that can share? I would be willing to finally get the full suite but the retail price is a bit steep (considering that it's annual renewal). thanks

it turned out I have an uncle at the Uni :) thanks and sorry!
Last edited by matt3o on 23 Oct 2014, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

23 Oct 2014, 17:11

That won't run on Linux!

(There's not much difference between a dodgy discount and just plain pirating the app, to be honest. What are you using it for and how is open software letting you down?)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Oct 2014, 17:12

I see quite a difference between a dodgy discount and a pirated software.

Muirium
µ

23 Oct 2014, 17:14

I doubt Adobe's lawyers would agree.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Oct 2014, 17:16

"no, sorry I can't do that" would suffice

Muirium
µ

23 Oct 2014, 17:32

Sorry to be rude. I'm just used to getting fleeced by guys like them. Adobe benefits a lot, oddly enough, by widespread piracy of their suite, especially by students. Helps to suffocate competitors. Then, when people go on to make a living using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, they pay full price. Piracy has been Adobe's extended demo.

I'm not sure how it works with their subscription business model these days. I stepped off the train at CS3.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Oct 2014, 17:40

If I can get any kind of discount (edu or anything) I would gladly take advantage of it. If that can't be done, oh well I'll pay full price.

I have a regular CS-something license for photoshop but I now need Illustrator as well and buying 2 adobe products is more expensive than buying the full suite. Sorry if I hurt anybody's sensibility. Also now you can only "rent" the software for one year, so I can't simply buy one piece of software and keep that (even without upgrading). I would gladly keep using inkscape which is a great software, but I have conversion issues with SP everytime, so it's time to switch to Illustrator.

My uncle should be able to grab me an edu license, not sure yet we have to check. Crossing fingers.

Return to “Off-topic”