making sense of webwit avatar

matt3o
-[°_°]-

05 Dec 2014, 16:28

Can... you... see it?!

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Dec 2014, 23:23

My avatars are just random black blobs. What you see in them is just a personal reflection of your soul.

Topre Enthusiast

05 Dec 2014, 23:49

I see a sad crow, sitting on his bum :(
sad crow.gif
sad crow.gif (1.37 KiB) Viewed 2188 times

fohat
Elder Messenger

06 Dec 2014, 02:28

Muirium
µ

06 Dec 2014, 02:43

When I first got a half decent telephoto lens, I went birding and found that some images of flying birds look more "right" to us than others. The odd ones are like this:

Image/

I think it's a bit like that famous early "video" capture of a galloping horse (actually filmed by a whole sequence of still cameras) to settle a bet. We don't like to believe the fleeting moments we cannot see.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Dec 2014, 03:08

To make sense of my avavars - I have posted this before I think, but in case you haven't seen it the origin of the duck comes from my IBM keyboard fascination in combination with this:
http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/ibm10 ... ducks.html
http://collection.cooperhewitt.org/objects/18618011/

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Dec 2014, 09:12

no, no, no and no.... t-rex!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Dec 2014, 12:09

That's a great shot of that bird Mu!

Muirium
µ

06 Dec 2014, 12:38

Heh, not my shot though! I just DuckDucked for "birds in flight" and went through a couple of pages of shots chosen for "looking right" until finally I found a nice one of that pose, which, like horses having all four legs off the ground at once, we seem to find unaesthetic to our slow old eyes!

mr_a500

06 Dec 2014, 13:45

Who wouldn't like ducks? I once watched a little yellow duck running after bugs. He was like a hyper wind-up toy. It was hard to believe such a little creature had so much energy. He looked sort of like this guy:
pocket duck.jpg
I plan on eventually getting a small farm and I'll definitely get a few ducks. (as friends, not food)

I'll also get some pet sheep. Sheep are awesome. Look at the skill this guy has:

(take out the legs, then finish the job)
Muirium wrote: When I first got a half decent telephoto lens, I went birding..
I didn't have to go "birding" to find birds. Some doves decided to nest in my Christmas wreath, right out my front door. They stayed there for weeks.
3doves.jpg

Daniel Beardsmore

06 Dec 2014, 13:57

mr_a500 wrote: I'll also get some pet sheep. Sheep are awesome. Look at the skill this guy has …
You sure that's not a kid? That's the sort of thing goats do.

If we could only train webwit to do this:

mr_a500

06 Dec 2014, 14:08

Findecanor

06 Dec 2014, 16:50

mr_a500 wrote: I didn't have to go "birding" to find birds. Some doves decided to nest in my Christmas wreath, right out my front door. They stayed there for weeks.
Had doves nest on the balcony when I was a kid. Not fun to clean up afterwards.

macmakkara

06 Jan 2015, 19:42

Image O.O

7bit

06 Jan 2015, 19:53

Looks like SP's attampt on a tripple shot turkey.

Return to “Off-topic”