Request for a new section: keycaps

Cherry1990

10 Dec 2014, 22:40

I would like to request a new forum section about "keycaps". I don't know where put my questions about keycaps... I have a lot of them... :mrgreen:

Thank you! :P

webwit
Wild Duck

10 Dec 2014, 22:46

The forum master will decide on this in the end (002), but note that technically this could be done either by simply creating a new forum, or we can find some more subcategories present in the Keyboards forum and go for a tabbed view like this: http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/
For example Keyboards, Keycaps, Switches, Software etc.

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2014, 22:48

Cherry1990 wrote: I would like to request a new forum section about "keycaps". I don't know where put my questions about keycaps... I have a lot of them... :mrgreen:

Thank you! :P
Could just post 'em in the Keyboards section. Trouble with caps is they're really a subcategory of keyboards, rather than a peer, like mice. Despite our attention!
webwit wrote: Or we can find some more subcategories present in the Keyboards forum and go for a tabbed view like this: http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/
For example Keyboards, Keycaps, Switches, Software etc.
Yes!

Cherry1990

10 Dec 2014, 22:55

A sub section under "Keyboards" may be perfect... Anyway, I will post under "Keyboards"... Thanks! :P

Topre Enthusiast

10 Dec 2014, 22:56

I think webwit and I discussed the Keyboards section being tabbed when the tabbed interface was originally being rolled out. The concern back then (and one that I still hold) is that we did not want to see slow-moving or completely barren sections.
I think we're moving at a good enough pace that your thread is not going to get buried quickly if you post it in the Keyboards section. Of course, we're a club though, so if enough people feel passionate about doing this, make your voice heard here and we could start a vote.

Return to “Off-topic”