iOS tapatalk user

ShivaYash

20 Jan 2015, 15:57

Hello,

Is there any way of turning off the email notifications for subscribed threads? It sounds off but as I use tapatalk, almost exclusively to read and contribute to the forum, the double notifications are a little unnecessary.

Many thanks,

SY

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Jan 2015, 16:19

Isn't that User Control Panel > Edit posting defaults > Notify me upon replies by default: "No" ?

ShivaYash

20 Jan 2015, 16:22

Thanks, I have that option selected now. Lets see if I get both the tapatalk and email notification. A reply please!

chzel

20 Jan 2015, 16:24

I think ShivaYash means the emails you get when you subscribe to a topic for new replies! This setting is for.....I am not sure, I think it is for replies to a topic you started!

chzel

Did it work?

ShivaYash

chzel wrote: Did it work?
Nope.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Jan 2015, 16:38

I thought tapatalk is just a kind of app used for communication including emails, but apparently it is something different.

Anyway, I would always try logging out and then in again.
And as far as I know, you subscribe automatically to a topic when you post in it.
You can always unsubscribe in User control panel > Manage subscriptions.

andrewjoy

20 Jan 2015, 16:38

As an IT professional i recommend turning it off and on again.

bugsaint

21 Jan 2015, 14:53

Is that the on/off for the monitor or PC?

ShivaYash

21 Jan 2015, 15:10

bugsaint wrote: Is that the on/off for the monitor or PC?
Ah I think I may have solved the issue; I am an iMac user, so the on/off switch is the same ;)

bugsaint

21 Jan 2015, 15:59

Back to topic... I'm also a tapatalk user and couldn't find a way to turn off the email notifications on subscribed topics. We may just have to live with the fact that there isn't. Either that or disable the push notifications on iOS.

Return to “Off-topic”