the cost of shipping

chanlol

07 May 2014, 05:20

Hi, guys
Here I am to ask for help.
I wanna to buy keycaps(round 5) for poker ii . Where will the keycaps be sent from? Form US?
How much will the cost be from US to China? I'm based in China.

chanlol

07 May 2014, 09:11

help me!

photekq
Cherry Picker

07 May 2014, 09:25

If you order them from the Round 5 group buy.. They'll be sent from Germany. For the shipping cost you should ask in the Round 5 group buy thread. 7bit usually answers questions pretty quickly.

Muirium
µ

07 May 2014, 09:36

He ships globally for a flat rate, actually. Tracked and insured cost more for different places, as I recall.

chanlol

07 May 2014, 12:05

I call the UPS to ask the cost form Germany to China. it is about 140 Eur damn it !

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 May 2014, 12:09

Why didn't you just ask in the Round 5 thread? I am sure 7bit would be able to answer your question since he is the one who will be shipping the keycaps.

I am also sure it's not going to cost 140 EUR!

EDIT: nvm, I just saw you asked in the R5 thread a few minutes ago.

chanlol

07 May 2014, 12:25

Broadmonkey wrote:Why didn't you just ask in the Round 5 thread? I am sure 7bit would be able to answer your question since he is the one who will be shipping the keycaps.

I am also sure it's not going to cost 140 EUR!

EDIT: nvm, I just saw you asked in the R5 thread a few minutes ago.
I had pm the 7bit. but he do not answer me

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

07 May 2014, 12:51

Otherwise just place an order, see what the shipping cost will be in the email you will get, cancel again if it's too much.

chanlol

07 May 2014, 14:42

Broadmonkey wrote:Otherwise just place an order, see what the shipping cost will be in the email you will get, cancel again if it's too much.
wow,good idea,i will try that

Findecanor

07 May 2014, 15:25

The keycap "Round 5" group order is not an official project by the Deskthority club. It belongs only to 7bit.
He used to also take orders on Geekhack; I don't know if he does so still.
chanlol wrote:I call the UPS to ask the cost form Germany to China. it is about 140 Eur damn it !
UPS is quite expensive in Europe, even within the same country. :(

Muirium
µ

07 May 2014, 16:13

True. But I did manage to send a 7kg typewriter from Britain to the USA with UPS for £30, using an agent.

chanlol

07 May 2014, 16:49

Findecanor wrote:The keycap "Round 5" group order is not an official project by the Deskthority club. It belongs only to 7bit.
He used to also take orders on Geekhack; I don't know if he does so still.
chanlol wrote:I call the UPS to ask the cost form Germany to China. it is about 140 Eur damn it !
UPS is quite expensive in Europe, even within the same country. :(
I do not want to chooes UPS ! too expensive.

chanlol

07 May 2014, 16:57

Muirium wrote:True. But I did manage to send a 7kg typewriter from Britain to the USA with UPS for £30, using an agent.
£30 is sensible, if i sent 7kg package from US to China using an agnet, the cost will be 500CNY, about 80 dollar. And it will be 21days to go.

scottc

14 May 2014, 11:37

I think this thread needs a nice dose of demongolation. To off-topic, maybe?

Return to “Deskthority talk”