Page move via Replace broken?

Daniel Beardsmore

11 Jun 2014, 02:00

Has search and replace stopped moving pages? It looks like the page move aspect of replace has died.

As a test, try this:

Cherry MX Grey Green → Hirose Cherry MX Grey Green
Cherry MX Pale Yellow → Hirose Cherry MX Pale Yellow

Main and File namespaces, tick only Replace text in page titles, when possible, and go. Nothing happens. This used to work at some point in the recent past. (I've purposefully left these unchanged.)

(That and it used to run the replacement as a tight batch, instead of chipping away at it piecemeal for ages, leaving you no idea when you're going to be able to resume editing.)

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Jun 2014, 02:13

I updated the extension to the latest version, does that fix it?

Daniel Beardsmore

12 Jun 2014, 01:21

23:59: "Cherry MX ([gG]rey [gG]reen|[pP]ale [yY]ellow)" will be replaced with "Hirose Cherry $1" in 4 pages.

00:21: crickets

Daniel Beardsmore

05 Jul 2014, 23:09

Ouch. There's a massive bug in it!

Old page: http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:SIIG_M ... itches.jpg
New page: http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:Monter ... itches.jpg

Notice how the image upload comment is there, but the comment is still on the original page that now has no image.

This is the relevant change:

(diff | hist) . . m File:SIIG MiniTouch Hua-Jie -- switches.jpg‎; 01:05 . . (-1)‎ . . ‎Daniel beardsmore (Talk | contribs | block)‎ (Text replacement - "SIIG MiniTouch" to "Monterey K110")

The request was to change page bodies and titles within the File: namespace.

The software has torn the image off the description and placed it onto a new page with the updated name, and left the text page behind, instead of moving the page and creating a redirect. I was wondering why all the images no longer showed up. I've now got to manually rebuild every single image, by recreating the missing text page and converting the old text page to a redirect.

I don't know whether it's got confused when trying to change both the image comment and name at once.

Again, easier to have just done it by hand instead of wasting time with some buggy software.

Return to “Deskthority talk”