The Deskthority facebook page

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Dec 2014, 14:08

Seeing as it has been pretty dead since its creation, I suggest we find a couple of volunteers (3-4) to take over the page as admins and make sure to keep regularly posting content: announcements, links to reviews or projects, current group buys, etc. With a group we can make sure to vet what we post.

I would volunteer to be one or this group, but I dont want to end up being saddled with doing it entirely on my own. What do you folks think?

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2014, 14:12

Sounds good to me. I can't volunteer personally, as Facebook drives me crazy. But there's a lot of people out there who rely on it and we should do better.

CeeSA

10 Dec 2014, 14:24

I think we should give up the facebook page (I never knew that there is one) and kill the account. Btw: who is the owner of that account?

Is there a reason for having a facebook page? Do you think you get more klicks/members for deskthority.net with posting content there?
If so, could we measure the "traffic" from facebook links?

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2014, 14:28

It's ours. I think 002 has the credentials for it. We just haven't done much (or anything?) there. Same with Twitter.

Of course, what I'm really thinking of is a DT Blog. A quick and easy place to visit for links to news throughout the forum. A few of us are up for running it…

Twitter and Facebook would be good for mirroring it, essentially. There's a world of people on both of them who click more than they ever care to search and find us.

Topre Enthusiast

10 Dec 2014, 14:33

Funny you guys should mention it.
I recently took over the Facebook page -- there is another post around here somewhere where HaaTa offered control of it so he's made me an admin. I'm hoping to bring some life back to it by keeping pace with the big events and posting them.

I actually manage the Topre REALFORCE Facebook page too, and it's grown to nearly 2k members since we started it. I know some of you guys despise it but really there's no harm in giving it a go. I'm guessing that a good portion of the silent majority here actually visit Facebook pretty regularly.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm open to them!

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Dec 2014, 14:39

It doesn`t yet, but it has the potential to really make this community grow. I think we should give it a try.

Topre Enthusiast

10 Dec 2014, 14:41

That's the spirit :)
If you are interested in helping out, I can make you admin too, Ascaii.

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Dec 2014, 14:42

Sounds good. I just got a pm from Murium about blog/facebook and what we can do. I am willing to join with you and help out, yes.

Topre Enthusiast

10 Dec 2014, 14:43

PM incoming!

Findecanor

10 Dec 2014, 21:06

The most important thing on the Facebook page would be a link to THIS site.
There shouldn't be any activity over there: only news to lure people over here.

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2014, 21:13

That's what I've been saying as we've talked about this. My idea for the blog is to be like a DT news site. DT is canon, while the blog is a simple guide to what's current here.

I want to write the blog in such a way where newcomers can have a fair chance at understanding every story; ideally well enough to be able to follow the link on into to the forum without being baffled. So it's not just headlines and naked links, but a live guide to the forum.

Facebook is beyond my routine, so I don't know what works best there. But I'm still minded that the forum comes first, and other outlets are ways of getting people here, with a taste of what they're missing.

Compgeke

10 Dec 2014, 21:32

Findecanor wrote: The most important thing on the Facebook page would be a link to THIS site.
There shouldn't be any activity over there: only news to lure people over here.
"Keyboard Companies Hate Him! Find out this one quick lifehack he used to reuse his old keyboards!"
^ xwhatsit's controllers.

7bit

10 Dec 2014, 21:33

What is facebook?
:?

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2014, 22:02

This:

7bit

10 Dec 2014, 22:05

Looks ugly!
:cry:

vsev

31 Jan 2015, 01:30

Please just don't... I'm not in and don't intend to be ..
I prefer to believe in people interest to search for what what they intend to..
Just personal thought

Return to “Deskthority talk”