Rubber Dome Model M

acolombo

04 Jun 2015, 21:39

I paid more for the rubber dome IBM Model M I just bought, than what I paid for my buckling spring Unicomp Model M :cry: Unfortunately I dind't have a clue...

Now what should I do with it? The conditions are pretty nice. The keycaps are just filthy but not shiny. The case is almost perfect apart from a scratch, and the keyboard is working okay. This kind of rubberdome is not one of the worst I've tried, as it sounds pretty nice, but is still very bad to type on...

Can I use the case on my Unicomp? I didn't opened the IBM as it has those f***ing weird screws(I've seen the pen method and will try soon) and didn't open the Unicomp as it is brand new...

chzel

04 Jun 2015, 21:46

I have one too! Some parts are interchangeable with it's BS brothers I think, but I have yet to take a look.

Touch_It

04 Jun 2015, 23:48

buy a cheap terminal M and do a controller swap?

idollar
i$

04 Jun 2015, 23:52

acolombo wrote: I paid more for the rubber dome IBM Model M I just bought, than what I paid for my buckling spring Unicomp Model M :cry: Unfortunately I dind't have a clue...

Now what should I do with it? The conditions are pretty nice. The keycaps are just filthy but not shiny. The case is almost perfect apart from a scratch, and the keyboard is working okay. This kind of rubberdome is not one of the worst I've tried, as it sounds pretty nice, but is still very bad to type on...

Can I use the case on my Unicomp? I didn't opened the IBM as it has those f***ing weird screws(I've seen the pen method and will try soon) and didn't open the Unicomp as it is brand new...
Get one of these from amazon/ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/45-in-1-Precisio ... 20eaecac37

They will work with your IBM model M screws.

Regarding the new keyboard: if you do not like it, send it back to the seller or sell it, that is what I would do.

fohat
Elder Messenger

05 Jun 2015, 04:39

The 7* model number means rubber dome, for future reference.

I have had a couple that I was able to sell for around $15 + shipping on ebay.

Return to “Keyboards”