Trackpoint keyboard with split spacebar.

amosbird

01 Mar 2015, 02:50

I'm looking for a keyboard that has both trackpoint and split spacebar(generates different scancode). This keyboard will completely prevent my hands from moving. Currently I'm using thinkpad's compact keyboard with trackpoint, and remap spacebar as a modifier. This is not perfect. Spacebar remapping causes no repeating space input. Also typing space feels lagged. So I wish there is a split spacebar which I could customize one to be a key modifier since nobody types space with both hands.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2015, 03:47

The qHACK is still in development. For some reason 7bit wandered off the path of the highest priority and seems more occupied by Round 5 and the HyperMicro. Delusional...

(example key mappings)

Mal-2

01 Mar 2015, 04:01

webwit wrote: The qHACK is still in development. For some reason 7bit wandered off the path of the highest priority and seems more occupied by Round 5 and the HyperMicro. Delusional...

(example key mappings)
Give it an F-key row (with Esc part of it so `~ can go back where it belongs, also letting \| and Backspace "go home"), and hardware remapping (so I can have it do Dvorak everywhere all the time), and SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY.

amosbird

03 Mar 2015, 09:54

That seems pretty cool. When will it be available?

Return to “Keyboards”