ibm model m terminal problem with pro micro

xulos

27 Mar 2015, 17:34

I've got 3 pieces of ibm model m terminal with rj45. I flashed atmega32u4 following this http://hasbeardplaysgames.co.uk/2014/10 ... -keyboard/ but now when i connect keyobard to my lenovo note book, it shuts down my touchpad and when i start to type, its ok for a few sec then it starts typing random leters or one leter to infinity. Shoudl i remap key so it could work or ?

These are thepictures of my keyboard so if can anyone remap it to.be closest to real model m?

http://imgur.com/jcloKXe
http://imgur.com/dGdEU5S

(Keyboard is dirty as he** , but i will clean it to mint con dition after remapping. )

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

28 Mar 2015, 02:55

The only thing I can think of is the ribbon connector is not in all the way. Or the membrane has something in it that is making the keyboard act funny. I have my model F disassembled right now, After my ANSI conversion the keyboard started making random keypresses. I think I am going to clean the PCB, and maybe see if there is any crud on the hammers.

Lets both hope that someone smarter stumbles upon this thread.

orihalcon

06 Apr 2015, 08:39

Could be that the original controller or membranes inside of the M122's are bad. Easy way to test would be to use the same converter on a known working board like a PS/2 one.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Apr 2015, 13:50

Oh, yeah I forgot about this thread, I have fixed my model F problem and am typing on it now. I opened it up, cleaned the PCB and shut it together with a longwise clamp instead of a hammer. I was able to do this with advice from the poster above and fohat.

fohat
Elder Messenger

06 Apr 2015, 15:18

Redmaus wrote: with a longwise clamp instead of a hammer
Often a better technique.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Apr 2015, 15:23

fohat wrote:
Redmaus wrote: with a longwise clamp instead of a hammer
Often a better technique.
Yup. I am pretty sure that when I put the plates together with a hammer one of the flippies got stuck in a weird way because of the hammer hitting it. That's why I got random keypresses. If you want to do an ANSI mod and don't want to take it apart more than once, I recommend using a clamp instead of a hammer.

fohat
Elder Messenger

06 Apr 2015, 20:08

Redmaus wrote:
If you want to do an ANSI mod and don't want to take it apart more than once,
If you do an ANSI mod and don't have to take it apart more than three times, consider yourself fortunate.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

06 Apr 2015, 22:00

fohat wrote:
Redmaus wrote:
If you want to do an ANSI mod and don't want to take it apart more than once,
If you do an ANSI mod and don't have to take it apart more than three times, consider yourself fortunate.
Really? :shock: Is your problem like mine or is it related to the spring not being seated/clicking correctly?

fohat
Elder Messenger

07 Apr 2015, 02:17

Redmaus wrote: Is your problem like mine?
I have modded dozens of M/F boards and opened and closed most of them multiple times.

There are many different problems or adjustments that can raise their ugly heads, and I am also picky about wanting everything working together properly.

But pivot plates remaining seated properly during the re-assembly process is certainly the most common difficulty.

Return to “Keyboards”