Help With Ducky Model Numbers

LupinYonder

01 Apr 2015, 16:16

I recently purchased a Ducky Zero from amazon.uk with cherry black switches. Pictured by the seller was a DK2108-AUKLLA ISO layout. I received a ISO layout with the vertical enter key. This will not fit the set of keycaps I have ordered for this board, signature plastics Dolch DSA.

My questions :
Do they make an DK2108-AUKLLA in ANSI layout ?
Is there even such a thing as a UK ANSI layout on any board ?

Please be kind to the mech n00b. This is my second mechanical keyboard ever, my current drive is a Leopold Otaku with Browns but I got tired of the TKL design and wanted something different for my second keyboard.

What I'm after is a :
No branding
No Backlights
Full Size
With Cherry Black switches

My other option was a WASD barebones with blacks but they are out of stock.

zts

01 Apr 2015, 17:18

I think the UK in DK2108-AUKLLA means it's the UK (ISO) layout. If you want ANSI, look for these Ducky models (they are all unlit, come with an option or directly with mx blacks, full-size):

- DK2108-AUSLLA (this would be the ANSI equivalent of the DK2108-AUKLLA that you have)
- DK9008G2PRO-AUSLLA
- DK9008G2PRO-AUSPHH
- DK9008G2PRO-AUSPHU
- DK9008G2PRO-AUSPHS
- DK9008P-AUSPHZHB2
- DK9008P-AUSPHYHT1
- DK9008P-AUSPHZHB1

LupinYonder

01 Apr 2015, 17:25

Thanks for the detailed reply! I will have a look at each of these models and will prob go for a USA/ANSI layout Ducky Zero with blacks If I can find one.

My mistake could have been avoided if the terms ANSI and ISO were used in the model number or the sellers page instead of UK but I guess that's also partly my mistake as I could have researched more.

On the plus side short time I've had with the Ducky has shown a big step up in quality over my leopold and while I was nervous about the black switches over my current browns, I really like them.

zts

01 Apr 2015, 17:40

That one is currently out of stock where I usually shop for MX:
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/ind ... tail&p=261

But I see it on ebay (with a higher price sticker):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Ducky-DK210 ... 43d8b6ce2d

(...don't see it listed on amazon at all for some reason)

Good luck in finding the right one for you :!:

LupinYonder

01 Apr 2015, 17:46

Thanks Zts
Will post pics on Reddit when I finally have my Cherry black full size ducky with the Dolch DSA keyset, though I know its hardly an original idea.

Return to “Keyboards”