Help selecting a tenkeyless

kile

17 Apr 2015, 11:23

I've been using SteelSeries keyboards for years, but recently I realized I need a more portable board. So I would like a little help from you guys to help with my search. These are my requirements:

Must have:

- Tenkeyless - with a standard cursor section
- Low profile - I have CTS, and tall keyboards are a pain - literally
- Matching and detachable palm rest - the larger the better. I'd like to avoid after market foam palm rests
- Cherry MX (ideally blues, but any MX is good enough)

Would be nice to have:

- Modular replaceable controller
- Ideally with big-ass enter, but I will settle for ISO enter, ANSI enter being the least favourable
- Simplistic design - I want a workhorse keyboard, not a fashion statement

So far I haven't found a keyboard which matches the the 3 must have requirements. The palm rest is the problem, of course, and it looks like I will have to compromise...

Thanks for help!

whatever

18 Apr 2015, 17:57

Did you check the Max Keyboard Blackbird? I don't know if you'll find it low profile enough, but I can swear by their palm rests.

kile

18 Apr 2015, 18:57

Thanks for the info. It's very interesting. The only downside is that the backlighting adds to the price. I will definitely consider this one.

Thanks again!

whatever

19 Apr 2015, 00:17

I own one and I'm really happy with my purchase, but to be honest it's my first mechanical keyboard. It is indeed expensive and I really don't care about the backlighting, most of the time I have it completely turned off.

Return to “Keyboards”