Interview with XMIT

klikkyklik

17 Jul 2015, 22:05

José has graciously given up some of his time for an interview. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

https://klikkyklik.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/xmit/

Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2015, 22:34

Good work, the two of you. I like the garage pictures at the end. Americans have proper sized ones for this kind of stuff! Over here, well, no one starts businesses out of a garage. Their car would freeze solid in winter!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Jul 2015, 22:35

Some great businesses have started out of garages. Like Google. And HP. (Well, they were great once, and may be again.)

Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2015, 22:38

That's exactly what I mean. America's got great infrastructure for that kind of stuff. (I actually stopped outside the garage Apple was founded in, during my trip up to San Francisco. Along with the Pixar HQ and Xerox PARC and a few other notable spots.) Over here in Edinburgh, only a lunatic stores anything besides their car in a garage. The bloody things are worth thousands a month if you rent them out for someone else to park in! Imagine all the houses in your neighbourhood shrunk in all 3 dimensions, especially the garage. Add hard winters, radically higher taxes, and a seriously inflated housing market, and that's life here! Pretty much like San Francisco, but without the amazing economy. Edinburgh's an insurance and law firm town.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Jul 2015, 22:41

Sounds like you live in Boston. :-D

Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2015, 22:43

Yup. My other brother (not the Californian…) really likes Boston. He says it feels like home! The snow. The booze. The foul tempers. The prices. Yay!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

17 Jul 2015, 23:08

I found that London really felt like Boston and the UK really reminded me of the far northeastern US in general. Also that Paris really felt like New York (filthy, really crowded, etc.).

I've only been to Europe once and I only went to London and Paris when I did. I'll come visit again sometime.

Muirium
µ

17 Jul 2015, 23:15

Well, it's called New England for a reason.

California's difficult to put a European finger on. It's more than a little like Southern Italy down in San Diego, but in many ways it's not at all. Los Angeles reminded me of London, with its sheer sprawling scale. San Francisco's more like New York than I expected; I didn't realise how well packed it is, and from street level they do share a lot of resemblance. Both are filthy rich these days too! At times the streets are a supercar convention… with no bloody space to park for love or money!

jbondeson

18 Jul 2015, 00:03

Muirium wrote: Their car would freeze solid in winter!
As a former resident of the Frozen North (i.e. Minnesota), that's what engine block heaters are for! Now there's nothing I can do to help you with the affordability side...

But it does sound like you need a place with better weather, and more affordable housing. I say you emigrate here to Colorado (just watch out for the darn Texans and Californians who move here -- they can't drive) 8-)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

18 Jul 2015, 00:08

TBF they can't drive back in Texas or California either.

Touch_It

20 Jul 2015, 23:22

Good interview, and I must say that you have done an awesome job XMIT with cataloging and selling the keyboards. It is more work than I could, or would be willing to do. Also It is awesome that your wife is so understanding. Definitely a keeper :).

Return to “Keyboards”