Help! Massdrop - CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-SI (created by me)

ein3030

20 Aug 2015, 22:45

Hello all, I'm a noob here but thought I'd ask for your help with my quest to get a CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-SI in the USA! They're currently not sold here, so I began looking for and asking the internet where I could get one. A CM rep on reddit.com told me that if I got it on Massdrop and got enough votes I could potentially get one through that avenue. Here is a link to the drop:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/70-Keyboards

Anyways, take a peak and maybe some of you are trying to get this board too. Any help is much appreciated! Regardless, thank you for your time.

Best,
ein

Hypersphere

20 Aug 2015, 22:56

Interesting. I had not known of this board before. I have a CM QFS, which is fine for me, as I am not a fan of backlit keyboards. Post on GH as well if you have not already done so -- that forum probably has more gamers who like backlit keyboards. Good luck garnering enough votes for a Drop on Massdrop.

ein3030

20 Aug 2015, 23:02

Hypersphere wrote: Interesting. I had not known of this board before. I have a CM QFS, which is fine for me, as I am not a fan of backlit keyboards. Post on GH as well if you have not already done so -- that forum probably has more gamers who like backlit keyboards. Good luck garnering enough votes for a Drop on Massdrop.
I certainly will! Backlighting isn't something I need, but certainly enjoy. I found this board on the CM website originally, and then have been looking every few weeks for a few months. Obviously to no avail, hopefully the drop will help me get one. Thanks again!

Khers

20 Aug 2015, 23:20

Alternative solution: buy non-stealth keyboard. Buy front-printed (or blank) caps (e.g. Leopold or Vortex). Put caps on keyboard. Done.

kernel

20 Aug 2015, 23:46

Khers wrote: Alternative solution: buy non-stealth keyboard. Buy front-printed (or blank) caps (e.g. Leopold or Vortex). Put caps on keyboard. Done.
Or if you we're lucky you could buy a broken QFR with switches and caps (stealth edition), swap it there, and sell the switches :p

ein3030

21 Aug 2015, 16:21

Khers wrote: Alternative solution: buy non-stealth keyboard. Buy front-printed (or blank) caps (e.g. Leopold or Vortex). Put caps on keyboard. Done.
Ok, that makes sense to me, to an extent. I'm curious if the LEDs are placed above the switch or below the switch on this board, though. It would seem logical that they're below the switch in the CM S QF Rapid SI setup, given the lighting. I don't think I could reproduce that with a topside LED design keyboard? I could definitely be missing something, though.

shrubbry

22 Aug 2015, 01:21

Currently no front-print, translucent-character caps exist from any other manufacturer - so the only way you could have a backlit "ninja" keyboard would be through somehow wrangling an SI. See my write-up in the review section from a few months ago.
Last edited by shrubbry on 23 Aug 2015, 19:43, edited 3 times in total.

_PixelNinja

23 Aug 2015, 05:11

This could be a solution for those who are in the EU since the board is not sold here (thanks FILCO).

ein3030

27 Aug 2015, 17:40

Hello all, thanks again for you continued support! Just an FYI, we're over halfway there! If you are interested and want to get one of these boards ask friends, cohorts, mates, mothers, everyone to help out! Again, thank you for your help and time :)

Best, ein

Return to “Keyboards”