Problem with Ducky 9087 G2 Pro

ulpb

28 Sep 2015, 20:42

I'm getting some strange behavior with my keyboard and I was hoping someone here had seen something similar. When I'm typing, sometimes I get a flooded with a bunch of garbage/repeated characters. The flood will continue until I press the space bar or enter or some other non-character key.

For example, I was typing the word "start" and this happened:
"staijkmaceacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacaacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacacac"

I only actually typed the "sta" and the rest is garbage, the repeated "acac..." just kept going until I hit space.

I tried this keyboard on another computer and it does the same thing. It seems to be getting worse, but that could just be my bias.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Muirium
µ

28 Sep 2015, 22:04

Is it under warranty? Because that sounds like a faulty controller to me.

ulpb

28 Sep 2015, 22:57

I thought that too, unfortunately the 1-year warranty expired 3 months ago.

ulpb

29 Sep 2015, 02:11

I confirmed that it's the keyboard hardware throwing bad random keycodes. It seems to be on certain vibrations. I pulled the thing apart down to the PCB and it spews garbage whenever I tap the controller with my finger. What a piece of crap. I'm never buying anything from Ducky again. 15 months is not a reasonable lifespan for a $100+ keyboard.

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2015, 13:11

You could try reflowing it i guess if you have a heat gun and want to risk it

Return to “Keyboards”