Most quiet keyboard ever?

johnnykeyboardcore

12 Nov 2015, 07:38

Hi all,
I am just searching for a laptop that is as quiet as a laptop keyboard, even quieter that the Quiet Pro, i mean QUIET. Is there such a thing?. Something that is as quiet as this would be a laptop keyboard. Thanks in advance for any tips.

stratokaster

12 Nov 2015, 07:48

That would be Logitech G410 or G910. The Romer-G switches they use are extraordinarily quiet. In fact, my MacBook Pro keyboard makes more typing noises than Logitech G910.

Scottex

12 Nov 2015, 16:41

can't get any quietter than literally pushing into the rubberdome :lol:

courtesi

18 Nov 2015, 19:47

The Matias Quiet-Linear are the most silent stock switches I've ever tried; even more silent than the Quiet-Click.

In an aluminum chasis with well lubed stabilizers it should be dead silent.

Oobly

19 Nov 2015, 14:35

Trampoline and latex mod your favourite MX board: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50 ... msg1269525

:D

Of course it won't make Blues or Greens quiet, but it works great for tactile and linear switches.

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2015, 14:52

MX: just keep modding. It asymptotes towards good somewhere…

fohat
Elder Messenger

19 Nov 2015, 14:58

Muirium wrote: MX: just keep modding. It asymptotes towards good somewhere…
Ha Ha, good one. This should be in somebody's signature.

Oobly

19 Nov 2015, 15:21

Muirium wrote: MX: just keep modding. It asymptotes towards good somewhere…
Funny.... but true, unfortunately. I have to do 5 mods to Clears to get them to "good" level (springs, shaved sliders, stickers, trampolines, latex), whereas with Zealios I "only" have to do 3 mods (trampolines, latex, copper tape).

My Amber Alps are good as is. Different experience, though.

keycap

22 Nov 2015, 00:31

Oobly wrote: I have to do 5 mods to Clears to get them to "good" level (springs, shaved sliders, stickers, trampolines, latex), whereas with Zealios I "only" have to do 3 mods (trampolines, latex, copper tape).
Shaved sliders? Trampolines? Latex? This is completely new to me...

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2015, 10:43

Same here. I've been told of them several times but have no idea about the details or effectiveness. Someone needs to write the process up and review it, with good objective comparisons against stock MX and other switches.

Then do all that again someplace other than GH or Reddit, which make my eyes and brain bleed, respectively.

fohat
Elder Messenger

22 Nov 2015, 17:03

Muirium wrote:
Then do all that again someplace other than GH or Reddit, which make my eyes and brain bleed, respectively.
If it is the GH orange-on-black that is painful (it is painful), go to Profile/Account Profile/Settings/Look and Layout, and change the default to: "Austere" and you get a soft white normal look much like the default look here on DT.

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2015, 01:05

fohat wrote: If it is the GH orange-on-black that is painful (it is painful), go to Profile/Account Profile/Settings/Look and Layout, and change the default to: "Austere" and you get a soft white normal look much like the default look here on DT.
But then you have to log in, and i dont have an account ever since the original hack

Return to “Keyboards”