tipro joining boards changeme

jond_keyhack

19 Jul 2014, 19:30

I have connected two tipro boards by bus and the full matrix one isn't programming properly. I program a key of the first layer
and it just remains the same as it was before. My main board the staggered tipro is working being fully programmable
and is connected to the other tipro by the red connections.

I add the module, update and verify and board no. 2 isn't programmed. What should I be doing ? Also board two is connected by USB

I have tried clearing desktop autodeteck get set. Pretty much everything. The only thing I haven't tried is connecting the usd ports to the usd ports on the keyboards .... how should I actually connect them :?:

CeeSA

19 Jul 2014, 23:31

did you remove the controller from the 2nd board?

jond_keyhack

20 Jul 2014, 10:21

No the controller is there! Both boards connected by bus

Staggered one is only loaded through auto detect , others I add module then I can't program their first layers

CeeSA

20 Jul 2014, 13:07

Try to disconnect or remove the 2nd unused controller.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Jul 2014, 13:46

I am afraid what you are saying is that you have connected both modules to the computer :roll:
If so, disconnect the second one from the computer, just leaving it "Tipro-bus-connected" to the first module.
Only one unit should be connected to the computer, and the Tipro bus connection "tells" the controller of this first module that there are additional modules attached. The software then spontaneously shows the whole hardware configuration.

Edit: for evident reasons you can upload a programmed configuration only in a module that has been recognised by the software itself, not in a module you have added yourself. If the software doesn't recognise that there is a keyboard there, then obviously it will not be able to program it.

Edit 2:
Spoiler:
Some six weeks ago:
kbdfr wrote: […]
  • When keyboards are connected together via "Tipro bus", the controller of only one of them is used to connect the whole assembly to the computer. You cannot "mix controllers".

jond_keyhack

20 Jul 2014, 16:23

it just isn't working. I have three modules (keyboard) one TM-KMQ-128A is the staggered 2012 tipro free and two 2006 TM-KMX-128A matrix boards.

I connect them all by bus and the centre staggered board by usb and nothing is recognized. Thankfully all layers and caps lock lights flash on and off.

If I disconnect them by bus then the staggered module is recognized through auto detect I can type and it works. I then add a module through bus and the staggered module stops typing. The second module isn't autodetected and I get a sequence of errors usually , 'nothing recognized on usd' 'try other ports?'. From this point I try and add module from title bar so I add one of them manually and still nothing is recognized after connecting their bus lead.

I am using changeme 5.16.0

The closest I ever got was two boards recognized and only one programming all layers ( the staggered module ) and the matrix module typing what was programmed into it by default which I would assume is a first layer although these keys don't show up in changeme on their layers although the board is there in changeme. I am going to try running by administer and to get back to this paragraphs position. Then I will look for another changeme version.

jond_keyhack

20 Jul 2014, 16:29

CeeSA wrote: Try to disconnect or remove the 2nd unused controller.
going to try this now - will update
Last edited by jond_keyhack on 20 Jul 2014, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

CeeSA

20 Jul 2014, 16:30

did you even try what we are recommended you? You last posts does not tell me anything about it....

jond_keyhack

20 Jul 2014, 17:05

CeeSA wrote: did you even try what we are recommended you? You last posts does not tell me anything about it....
it works wowza thanks for this great suggestion :lol: I might delete thread now.

Save some embarrassment amongst the Tipro users :)

Muirium
µ

20 Jul 2014, 17:11

Nah, leave the thread. It's always useful to have something to link when proving a point!

I do sympathise with you. Tipros aren't the easiest thing to understand. I can't forgive their Windows dependent software, especially. But we're not exactly the customers they have in mind!

jond_keyhack

20 Jul 2014, 22:40

8-)
Last edited by jond_keyhack on 21 Jul 2014, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Beardsmore

20 Jul 2014, 22:46

I only realised the other day that kbdfr's avatar is the Tipro logo >_<

Muirium
µ

20 Jul 2014, 22:48

Mmm… sweet, sweet, grumpy chocolate.

Return to “Keyboards”