badman5

23 Sep 2014, 22:32

CorsairLogo_zpsf4381e2f - Copy.jpg
CorsairLogo_zpsf4381e2f - Copy.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
^OLD
logoCorsairGaming.jpg
logoCorsairGaming.jpg (16.29 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
^NEW
Just yesterday Corsair released a new "Corsair Gaming" logo and introduced it on its K70 RGB, K65 RGB, and K95 RGB keyboards.
If you like many others (now over 1800) people dislike the new logo, please sign the petition asking Corsair to revert to their original logo.
We want Corsair to retain its premium image. Please support this so they can make a great product look great. The new logo makes a premium $180.00 keyboard look like "tween gaming". Thank you for your time guys.

https://www.change.org/p/corsair-compon ... rsair-logo

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Sep 2014, 22:37

Arrgh, a tramp stamp style logo!

badman5

23 Sep 2014, 22:38

madhias wrote: Arrgh, a tramp stamp style logo!
Yes, unfortunately. Please help me in my quest of eliminating the tramp stamp.

webwit
Wild Duck

23 Sep 2014, 23:03

It's not just the logo, clearly the whole line is aimed at 12 year old kids who like x-mas trees and Razer.
http://gaming.corsair.com/se-fi
So it's a business strategy. They are seeking a new demographic. Your petition has no chance. Your only hope is their strategy fails long term and they abandon it. But then the mechanical keyboards will probably be abandoned as well. In any case, I don't get why anyone would get emotional over this company or its direction. Buy another brand if you don't like them.

scottc

23 Sep 2014, 23:06

Why do we even care? I've got some Corsair components - my dekstop's PSU, for one, but I couldn't care less about what the logo on it looks like. Why is their logo changing an issue for me? Am I missing the point?

badman5

23 Sep 2014, 23:36

might have to revert to doing that. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there is a product equally as amazing. I'll wait till Q 1 2015 to see if competitors deliver something better with Cherry MX RGB switches. Nonetheless can you sign the petition to send corsair a message? In less than 2 days we already have nearly 2000 supporters.

_PixelNinja

24 Sep 2014, 00:46

While I agree the new logo is hideous, I would think you guys would have done a petition against the failing of their LEDs in their non RGB SKUs before complaining about a logo...

andrewjoy

24 Sep 2014, 00:52

Logo is kind of shit , i like corsair stuff but i think recently they have started to make stuff that is a bit tacky look at the lovely 800d vs some of the new stuff.

I think my next case is going to be a caselabs SM8.

the1onewolf

24 Sep 2014, 01:13

Corsair doesn't have a premium image. At least half of corsair's stuff are just rebranded products from another company.

_PixelNinja

24 Sep 2014, 01:22

That statement is valid for a majority of companies; barely any of them have their in-house OEM.

Kurk

24 Sep 2014, 08:15

The new logo is indeed hideous but I'm sure they did some research if their target audience likes it. Can't be bothered to sign the petition, though.

Let's derail this thread, what's tramp stamp in your language?
Dutch: aarsgewei
German: Arschgeweih

Topre Enthusiast

24 Sep 2014, 09:14

The new logo reminds me of Realtek's logo, or the Guardian unit from StarCraft. I never really thought of Corsair as a premium product company but their mech keyboard designs do appeal to my non-keyboard nerd friends for some reason. The edgeless cases do look pretty cool.

Halvar

24 Sep 2014, 09:29

But that PCB design logo is still much more expressive than Corsair's generic "tramp stamp".

Anyway, it looks to me like Corsair only shifted their Gaming stuff to a new brand named "Corsair Gaming", and the logo of the Corsair main brand stays the same. I don't care.

andrewjoy

24 Sep 2014, 09:58

i see the new logo and in instantly think of thortech a PSU manufacturer so bad that the PSU cannot even reach 1/2 of its rating without the ripple being about 200 mv.

IvanIvanovich

24 Sep 2014, 12:33

Better to change the petition so all the new logos are only stickers so you can just peel the fucking thing off.

sleepyhead

24 Sep 2014, 22:04

Made an account to respond. Please keep Corsair!

Findecanor

24 Sep 2014, 23:28

I think it looks like a crayfish with its claws in the air ... or the print from '18th century wallpaper.

davkol

25 Sep 2014, 12:42

The new typeface is lame. Just like Corsair keyboards, lol. Premium products? bitchplease.jpg The whole RGB backlighting thing is a joke.

andrewjoy

25 Sep 2014, 14:29

there cases are pretty good and there ram i have never had a problem with always very reliable. I had the original back widow it was ok but i have matured in my tastes for keyboards since then. Oh and the PSUs are pretty good too even tho most of them are made by sesonic, recently however there simple elegant design has changed to appeal to kids :(.

Caselabs i chose you !

http://www.caselabs-store.com/merlin-sm8-case/

dorkvader

26 Sep 2014, 19:38

the1onewolf wrote: Corsair doesn't have a premium image. At least half of corsair's stuff are just rebranded products from another company.
95 percent of companies everywhere do this. It is very common to design a product yourself and pay another company to actually make it for you. OEMs like foxconn are huge.

so what if that corsair PSU was made by superflower? so what if costar made the keyboard? unless it is a reference design (like the WASD V1) then corsair has a huge amount of input to the design and specifications.

There aren't many companies that make their own stuff anymore. Unicomp is one, but they don't really design anything so I'm not sure if they count.

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Sep 2014, 11:35

I just noticed this reply from Corsair, where some manager gives the finger to your petition :lol:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1457106/tpu- ... t_22898178

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 11:48

Give that man a raise!

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2014, 11:51

I think he said it best , vote with your wallet, i know i will.

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 11:55

Way ahead of you. Don't think I've ever bought anything by Corsair. Which, of course, means they won't miss me anyway.

Damn, and I even prefer the new stabby logo! Now with 100% Moar Nives.

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2014, 12:14

i will keep buying ram from them but that's about it, possibly PSU's as well.

No way am igetting a case with that crappy logo on it that looks like a phony tribal design doushbags get tattooed on there lower leg

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Sep 2014, 12:16

Awww, think of the keyboards they will sell in New Jersey!

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 12:18

Coincidence, I'm sure…

Halvar

29 Sep 2014, 12:22

Respect -- telling them "you're not our target group" does take some balls.

7bit

29 Sep 2014, 16:32

In fact, these keyboards are totally boring and unnecessary!
:?

Today, we are only interested in keyboards that are at least 20 years old, or created by the keyboard communites, like the Phantom, ErgoDox or Hyper.
:o

Those brands like Corsair etc. will die out soon and the keyboard community will take over the world!
:ugeek:

Halvar

29 Sep 2014, 16:50

That's true. For as long as Cindy's warehouse isn't sold out, the fabrication of new keyboards worldwide should be stopped.

Return to “Keyboards”