Classic Mechanical Keyboards As Analogies to Mythical Gods,

ezrahilyer

29 Sep 2014, 03:11

I am looking for analogies to gods and goddesses (greek, roman, norse, whatever) for classic desirable mechanical keyboards. Weird right? Anyway, I have these so far:

IBM Model M = Zeus, king of the gods. This one seems to make great sense to me because the Model M is essentially the standard, it is the one that all keyboards are measured against, and is often called the king of keyboards... With me so far?

Alright next is the Model M 122 key terminal keyboard, I think this one ought to be Chronos because it is big old mean keyboard. Seems more curmudgeonly than the regular model M.

Model F = maybe Gaia because it is sorta the mother of all keyboards, it seems to have birthed the whole movement.

Thats all I have so far, I know there are lots more keyboards and other analogies to be made, I want your suggestions. I will update this post to reflect what we come up with.

Please reply with the keyboard you would nominate to godhead, and the diety you want to associate with it, and why....
Any ideas?
-Ezra

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2014, 10:20

I think beamspring has to be the god of gods , model m should be a demigod :P

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 11:17

Selectric begat Beamspring, begat Model F, begat Model M. M is the great grandson of IBM's legendary typewriter. Three generations removed from its feel, for the purposes of cheap!

Topre, I think, is Amaterasu. The supreme deity of Japan. And a goddess.

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2014, 12:41

Tsukiyomi should be alps, alps are also from japan and he is the god of the moon directly the opposite of Amaterasu, sun and the moon and all that.

Space invaders are or where created by a US company so they can be the jesus switch.

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 12:46

Hmm. Space Invaders could be a bit Mormon, now you almost mention it!

Shame there's no Scandinavian switches I know of. Thor is on the table!

Daniel Beardsmore

29 Sep 2014, 21:49

andrewjoy wrote: Space invaders are or where created by a US company so they can be the jesus switch.
I won't ask you to locate Bethlehem on a world map, then …

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 21:52

Greatest American patriot! You'll get chased with pitchforks all the way out of Pennsylvania if you insist with that damnfangled devil's talk.

Halvar

29 Sep 2014, 21:55

Next thing that heretic is gonna say is that Jesus was a jew ... Ridiculous.

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 21:58

Absurdly: back on topic! Trying to think of a keyboard that has been through exodus more than once or twice. Hmm…

Halvar

29 Sep 2014, 22:10

Not all keyboard are gods ...

Cherry MX 5000: Castor & Pollux
Razer BlackWindow: Pan ... err ... Peter Pan. (never grows up)
G81-3000: Hercules (workhorse, and feels like the floor of the Augias stables)
Realforce: a siren (lures you to topre and makes you think you love it while it kills your wallet)
Realforce, Leopold FC660C, HHKB: Hera, Athene, Aphrodite (and you are Paris: they lure you to choose between them, but whoever you pick the others will still haunt you)
Alps switches: Hydra (always growing more and more heads)
MadCatz Strike 7: A mermaid (plastic boobs but no real woman)

the1onewolf

02 Oct 2014, 00:43

Leopold is clearly King Leopold's Ghost ... A mythical figure which has nothing to do with the book.

andrewjoy

02 Oct 2014, 10:16

cherry MY should be thor as you want to take a hammer to them

SneakyRobb
THINK

12 Oct 2014, 01:23

Beam spring is Chaos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_%28mythology%29

Not because it is formless, but because from it flows all things

terrpn

04 Nov 2014, 04:17

Halvar wrote: Next thing that heretic is gonna say is that Jesus was a jew ... Ridiculous.
Jesus was a Jew.........

cookie

04 Nov 2014, 10:35

Halvar wrote: ...
Realforce: a siren (lures you to topre and makes you think you love it while it kills your wallet)
^this one gave me a laughing fit right in the office... everyone stares at me like "what the hell is wrong with him"

Return to “Keyboards”