Tipro Layout

Willwas

16 Oct 2014, 19:31

So, I bought a Tipro TMC-KMCV-C13-025 (16x8 Matrix, PS2), cause why not and i wanted to try a non staggered keyboard layout.
So far i had no time to install a 32-bit OS, so i couldn't reprogramm it yet, that didn't stop me from thinking about the Layout im going to use though.

This is what i came up with
In the spoiler is the full url, since the forum doesnt recognize it as an url, so i had to use tinyurl. In case seomeone doesn't want to follow shortened links, here you go. ;) Red = empty
dark grey = Cherry keycap
grey = standard Tipro, low profile keycap

I'm thinking about placing a backspace between the two enter keys.

Other than that I'm lost, since i don't really need more keys, no multimediakeys and whatnot.
So I'm interested in other peoples layouts for their Tipros.

Here's a picture, in the Background is a Thermaltake Meka G1 with MX-blacks.

davkol

17 Oct 2014, 20:29

I can't see the layout, the layout editor says it's broken.

Have you seen the Humble Hacker?

FWIW, this was my Access-IS for a while:

Findecanor

17 Oct 2014, 20:52

Interesting. That is the first time I have seen a standard nav cluster in the middle, combined with the 2u high Enter keys.

davkol

17 Oct 2014, 22:00

I intially considered such nav cluster too, but eventually decided against it, due to possible risk of hitting Delete by accident.

@Willwas How do the 2x keys feel? Aren't they too stiff? Have you modded the underlying switches?

Willwas

18 Oct 2014, 11:47

Hadn't seen the humble hacker before, but i had seen your picture somewhere...
The 2u keys are pretty stiff, i was thinking about taking out the springs or another mod.
I'm still not using the keyboard, but today i'll find the time to install a x68 OS and finally get to it.

If the space keys are too stiff, ill just swap it for 1u keys.

If hitting delete gets a problem i'll just move it above the arrow keys and make my layout even more like the humble hackers one. :3

Return to “Keyboards”