Strange keyboard in a movie

elecplus

12 Nov 2014, 03:33

Check out the custom looking keyboard in "The Bone Collector", about 25 minutes into the movie. What is it? Has anyone here used one?

http://playmovie.kerock.biz/full.php?movie=0145681

dorkvader

12 Nov 2014, 04:07

Really don't want to click that link for fear of "all the virus". If you could post a screenshot of it we might be able to ID the KB in question.

elecplus

12 Nov 2014, 04:54

I found out it might have been made by Maltron, http://www.maltron.com in the UK, but they do not have a pic on their site, and I don't seem to be able to save a picture from the TV to a USB. The TV will accept USB input, but there does not seem to be a menu option under any of the dozens of choices to save a still to USB (or anything else).

jacobolus

12 Nov 2014, 09:16

Cindy: are you talking about this thing?

elecplus

12 Nov 2014, 12:11

No, it is a deeply curved ergonomic kbd with separate thumb keys.
All he is wearing there is a pulse ox.

Muirium
µ

12 Nov 2014, 12:14

Findecanor

12 Nov 2014, 14:47

Is it one-handed or two-handed? Black or grey? Trackball? Keys between the deep key wells?

elecplus

12 Nov 2014, 15:30

Two-handed, white, no extraneous keys that I can see, like extra Fn keys, no trackball, deep front area for wrist support. He never actually types on it; Amelia does. Deep curve where the alpha block is. Only looks like 2 keys per thumb. Right and lft hands are sepatared by a good 2 inches, at least.

elecplus

12 Nov 2014, 15:31

None of these.

Findecanor

12 Nov 2014, 16:18

elecplus wrote: Two-handed, white, no extraneous keys that I can see, like extra Fn keys, no trackball, deep front area for wrist support. He never actually types on it; Amelia does. Deep curve where the alpha block is. Only looks like 2 keys per thumb. Right and lft hands are sepatared by a good 2 inches, at least.
Ah. That sounds like a white Kinesis Contoured.
Most Kinesis'es are black these days. They were white back in the late '90s when the movie was made.

The first black Kinesis keyboards ever seen were white keyboards painted black and used as props in the movie Men in Black, which came in 1997. It was mostly because their customers spotted the black keyboards in the movie and asked Kinesis about them that Kinesis started making them in black.

jacobolus

12 Nov 2014, 20:46

Okay, well I don’t see anything like that at 25 minutes into the movie, and I’m not going to watch through the whole thing to find it. :-)

Return to “Keyboards”