What switch is this? (MX-compatible linear)

davkol

07 Dec 2014, 11:40

Linear, MX-compatible keycap mount, white stem, medium stiffness, mounted in a plate. There's only "Fx" written on some switch tops (but there's nothing on others), where "x" is a number of the key (i.e. it's different on each switch). Feels quite gritty to my delicate fingers. Found on an unbranded POS keypad (PS/2, made in Taiwan, "CJ-80-C" on the PCB). Keycaps are relegendables with spherical tops.

Any ideas? (I've looked into the wiki, but haven't found anything.)

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Dec 2014, 13:30

I thought those were on alps.tw's long page of Cherry MX clones, but I'm starting to think (since even with Google Translate I can't understand him) that the page in question is all Aristotle (Yali) switches. (We desperately need help with proper Chinese to English translations and someone who can talk to him in Chinese instead of Google Translate.)

(alps.tw does have pictures of your switch, but they're on another page somewhere.)

Your switches are another well-known MX clone that is notable for being distinctly different inside to a Cherry switch. Photos of a different variant are here:

http://kbd.rzw.jp/mechanical/senco_dkw67mk-156/

From rzwv's video, they sound pretty scratchy, too.

The slider is normally yellow.

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Dec 2014, 13:47

Here's a clicky version — using an Alps-style click leaf:

http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/14848

These are the white Fx version like yours.

It also explains why there's no provision for an LED, and why the switch contacts are not designed to provide any tactility.

Daniel Beardsmore

07 Dec 2014, 15:42

Using alps.tw's name:

[wiki]Taiwan jet axis[/wiki]

woody
Count Troller

08 Dec 2014, 11:00

Pictures made me hungry ..

davkol

08 Dec 2014, 11:47

That's why I posted this particular corner. Who doesn't like bacon?

Anyway, thanks for the identification. The Asians apparently want my head to explode.

Return to “Keyboards”