NovaTouch TKL survey! We want you!! (and you a NovaTouch TKL :D?)!

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

23 Feb 2015, 10:40

Hi there DT community,

This might be your chance to win a NovaTouch TKL by helping us provide some feedback regarding our NovaTouch TKL by participating in a small survey.

The survey is about Switches in general but mostly targetting the NovaTouch TKL and will only take a few moments of your time! As you guys from the DT community helped us during product development (and we won an awesome DT award) we hope you can keep bringing us with the valueable feedback to keep improving our products!

Feel free to add more comments down this post if the survey doesnt allow you to share everything that springs to mind

Open worldwide and winners will be picked next monday morning by email :)

Good luck to all and in advance already many thanks for participating and the valuable feedback :mrgreen:

Ofcourse the link here:
http://eu.coolermaster.com/survey/switc ... tch_survey

P.S. @Admin, if in wrong thread please move this post :)

CeeSA

23 Feb 2015, 11:27

Nice, could the winner choose between Ansi and Iso version? ;)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

23 Feb 2015, 11:37

CeeSA wrote: Nice, could the winner choose between Ansi and Iso version? ;)
Of course! We will always try to supply the winner with the best suitable layout available! :) :)

(Thanks btw for participating :D)

noobie94

23 Feb 2015, 11:48

Nice one. I hope I can win this great keyboard :D

vsev

23 Feb 2015, 12:06

Me too, never had chance to test topre's feel !

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Feb 2015, 12:08

dear CM Bram, your image is wrong, the slider goes inside the housing, not above it :P

chzel

23 Feb 2015, 12:43

matt3o wrote: dear CM Bram, your image is wrong, the slider goes inside the housing, not above it :P
Yes, also the whole assembly goes under the plate, but how marketable would the resulting illustration be? :mrgreen:

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Feb 2015, 13:02

Hello Bram - Survey complete. I ended up returning my Novatouch TKL. I wish there were a 55g version available. I'm sad that NKRO was Windows only - why is that and can it change? The keyboard would just crash/hang/lock sometimes and often not work as early boot for BIOS editing and/or bootloader key input (through a KVM).

I've written about it extensively here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63 ... msg1615267

I'm located in the US and would be happy to review new products.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

23 Feb 2015, 13:08

matt3o wrote: dear CM Bram, your image is wrong, the slider goes inside the housing, not above it :P
I know Matt3o :P, but we wanted a picture of all the seperate parts and this showed it best I guess :P But trust me we know how to assemble them :mrgreen:

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

23 Feb 2015, 13:08

jsoltren wrote: Hello Bram - Survey complete. I ended up returning my Novatouch TKL. I wish there were a 55g version available. I'm sad that NKRO was Windows only - why is that and can it change? The keyboard would just crash/hang/lock sometimes and often not work as early boot for BIOS editing and/or bootloader key input (through a KVM).

I've written about it extensively here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63 ... msg1615267

I'm located in the US and would be happy to review new products.
Can you send me a PM on the forum here with some contact information? I will forward those to my colleagues in the States to see if we can do something for you :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Feb 2015, 13:42

Participated!

gianni

23 Feb 2015, 15:01

thanks for organizing this :-)

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2015, 15:03

The NovaTouch is an interesting board. For more info about the switches and such, have a look here:

http://deskthority.net/review-f45/a-tal ... t8968.html

CM heard my input already. Now it's your turn. Best of luck, folks!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Feb 2015, 16:39

CM Bram wrote: Can you send me a PM on the forum here with some contact information? I will forward those to my colleagues in the States to see if we can do something for you :)
PM sent, thanks!

TheNacho
delicious.

23 Feb 2015, 17:01

Will do it at home. I modded my NT to a 55gr, so maybe thats already a sign about what to offer next. Also, silenced sliders :D

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Feb 2015, 17:08

TheNacho wrote: Also, silenced sliders :D
+1. Even if it is a kit that I need to buy and install myself, that's fine.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Feb 2015, 17:11

Muirium wrote: The NovaTouch is an interesting board. For more info about the switches and such, have a look here:

http://deskthority.net/review-f45/a-tal ... t8968.html

CM heard my input already. Now it's your turn. Best of luck, folks!
you don't waste an opportunity, uh? :D

Hermith

23 Feb 2015, 17:16

NovaTouch is going to be my next investment, so winning one wouldn't be wrong. :D

TheNacho
delicious.

23 Feb 2015, 17:37

Uhm, is the second question a trick question?

Stabilized

23 Feb 2015, 17:43

I was thinking the same, what is the difference?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Feb 2015, 17:52

Stabilized wrote: I was thinking the same, what is the difference?
c'mon guys... it's pretty obvious :) what's the difference between a realforce and a novatouch?

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2015, 18:03

Oh I could name a few. But the answer they're looking for might have a little something to do with the caps…
matt3o wrote: you don't waste an opportunity, uh? :D
Enough links and someday I'll get a dime. That's how the internet works, right?

scottc

23 Feb 2015, 18:07

I'm just happy that it wasn't the Novatouch wearing Round 4s this time or my head might've exploded!

Stabilized

23 Feb 2015, 18:07

Yeah but the question is phrased as such:
"2. Do you know about the difference between a Topre Switch and a Hybrid Capacitive Switch"

There is no difference in the mechanism, only the slider on top. Maybe they should have asked: do you know what differs on the Novatouch keyboard to all other Topre keyboards?

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2015, 18:10

Too many correct answers. Including "uh, this one comes with ABS stock caps?"
scottc wrote: I'm just happy that it wasn't the Novatouch wearing Round 4s this time or my head might've exploded!
Must… ironically… resist… temptation!

Stabilized

23 Feb 2015, 18:11

But type heavens come with abs stock caps, don't they?

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2015, 18:15

Well, I did say it all upturned and such… with the question mark and the trailing off after being proven wrong…

Stabilized

23 Feb 2015, 18:17

Sorry, being overly pedantic! :D

I get what you mean now, but I found the question was a bit confusing at first.

Muirium
µ

23 Feb 2015, 18:20

Pepsi?

SL89

23 Feb 2015, 18:49

Done!

Also they always call it the NovaTouch TKL, hopefully I will see a fullsize NovaTouch some day.

Return to “Keyboards”