slimblade balls

andrewjoy

15 Mar 2015, 22:31

Does anyone know if its possible to get a replacement ball for the slim blade, mine has a massive dent in it. as far as i know its a 2 inch ball but i have no way of measuring its dimensions accurately

Stabilized

15 Mar 2015, 23:16

That's annoying, what happened to it to give it the dent; I just assume they would be pretty hardy (judging by the weight of it).

I have only read reviews on Amazon saying that Kensington don't do replacement balls as spare parts, and they are also located in the US.
Not sure about third party replacements, kind of problematic because it uses an optical sensor, and is kind of irregular size (55mm).
You could try tracking down some of those healing balls (made from quartz) that I have seen some people use over on r/trackballs, but I think it's hard to find one that is perfectly round.

andrewjoy

16 Mar 2015, 10:35

thanks , i may ask over on r/trackballs

i dropped it :( i think it would have been ok but it hit the edge of the laminate flooring where there is a sharp edge and it put a big line on one part of the ball.

I did suspect they did not do replacements i was guessing it would have to be a 3rd party one.

Failing that its an excuse to try an L-Track i guess :P but i just love the spin to scroll i don't know if i could do without it

Stabilized

16 Mar 2015, 11:01

The twist to scroll is my favourite feature of the slimblade, I thought it was just a gimmick at first!

Was thinking about the L-Trac as well when I was in the market to buy a trackball, put off by the price and the weird scroll wheel placement. Would be really easy to get a replacement ball in this situation though!

Probably best asking r/trackballs, might even want to try GH, as there seem to be a few trackball users over there too ;)

andrewjoy

16 Mar 2015, 11:20

Orange and black + white text , my eyes! my eyes!

Saying that my access POS board is back and orange :P

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

17 Mar 2015, 12:48

The scroll placement on the L-trac is not the best, but it does have a better build quality compared with anything that Kensington produces.

That group buy over at Massdrop certainly a good deal for an L-trac at the moment.

andrewjoy

27 May 2015, 01:13

Update , i tried polishing the scratches out with t-cut ( a paint cutting compound) and its helped a little , i am going to keep polishing it and see if it gets any better , its noticeable better.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”