Octodon Handheld Pocket Keyboard

Octodon

01 Apr 2015, 02:18

Hi.
We have started our project on Kickstarter today - The Octodon Keyboard.
The main idea behind it is to involve all fingers in typing on mobile devices. It is done by placing 8 input elements on the back side of a keyboard.

Unlike other back-typing projects like Grippity or TrewGrip we don't rely on QWERTY, because it's not optimal for handheld usage. Another significant difference is the size: our device is pocket-sized yet comfortable to hold while typing. To end with - it's totally adjustable: all it's input elements are separate magnetic units which can be placed anywhere within the mounting surface.

A drawback is: yes, one need to learn typing. Though it is easier than learn touch-typing on a standard keyboard it's still a problem for many. We try to reduce this problem with "matte glass" interface, which simulates shadows of your fingers on the screen of a device, so like you can "see" them through the matte glass.

This keyboard is packed with exotic solutions and I would like to ask for your feedback. I will be glad to answer any your questions. If you'll find it reasonable to share this information with those who might be interested, I'll be extremely grateful for this.

ivn

05 Apr 2015, 01:49

Oh, you are amazing, this is the best keyboard i've ever seen, seriously, i don't like your video style, but device is really good.

Octodon

05 Apr 2015, 02:02

Thank you ivn,

It's sad that our video doesn't work as it is supposed to, but it's a valuable feedback for us to concern.
Good that that the device is still perceived well, and I am very happy to receive such a high appreciation of the device.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”