New Cooler Master / CM Storm mice coming soon?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

03 Feb 2014, 12:00

Can you guess what it is? (A mouse obviously since I posted it in the Mice section :P)...

Will tease you guys with other pics and stuff in the coming days/weeks .... :mrgreen:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Feb 2014, 12:02

OMG! Is it a trackball that I'm seeing?!

because if it's a touch-mouse I won't buy the novatouch :D

naaah I'll buy it anyway :P

Findecanor

03 Feb 2014, 12:09

Ball mice are getting a comeback? :o :shock: ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Feb 2014, 12:16

yeah! ball mouse!

ماء

03 Feb 2014, 13:49

I hope the trackball ambidextrous...

Muirium
µ

03 Feb 2014, 14:23

I wonder how good it might be for hacking into our own keyboards. Especially if it is symmetric.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

03 Feb 2014, 15:14

matt3o wrote:yeah! ball mouse!

\

lolled at that :D... A hint, these (mice) have been shown to the public before and launch day and pre-order are getting close..... :P :D

CeeSA

03 Feb 2014, 16:45

Alcor and Mizar?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Feb 2014, 16:55

oh the small one is cute! but I'm done with wired mouse, luckily I'm not an FPS gamer and I don't need cables at least for the mouse

ماء

03 Feb 2014, 18:03

Muirium wrote:I wonder how good it might be for hacking into our own keyboards. Especially if it is symmetric.
What you mean? symm sgg :? i hope novatouch in symm sgg,i think perfect topre on symm sgg 8-)
.......unfortunately that impossible :(

Muirium
µ

03 Feb 2014, 20:58

Well, track balls are naturally symmetric, because they're spheres. But while we were still talking about one, I was thinking aloud about how to integrate it into a custom keyboard. Either at the side or in the middle of a split design.

But they're mice!

Elrick

05 Feb 2014, 07:36

CM Bram wrote:Image

Can you guess what it is? (A mouse obviously since I posted it in the Mice section :P)...

Will tease you guys with other pics and stuff in the coming days/weeks .... :mrgreen:
It would be nice to get a full-core Gaming Trackball. No one else has ever released one and it would look good for Cooler Master to provide a large ball to play with :D .

Kurk

05 Feb 2014, 08:13

Hopefully not just a dull, circular mouse pad. I would be *very* surprised if CM announced a trackball.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

06 Feb 2014, 08:44

Alright time for a second teaser ....... :P :

Icarium

06 Feb 2014, 08:48

hm...looks like a dressing doll :)
"Dress this mouse up with your choice of scroll wheel and buttons." ^^

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Feb 2014, 10:01

no those are just designer's tests to look cool

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

06 Feb 2014, 13:10

Design sketches indeed :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Feb 2014, 14:46

I don't see cables

QWERTim

07 Feb 2014, 14:22

Hadn't even seen this post and I asked Bram when they were going to make one! Could be great.

Elrick

08 Feb 2014, 03:24

CM Bram wrote:Design sketches indeed :)
If you're going to make a 'traditional' style of mouse then PLEASE make one with a huge Scroll Wheel.

Everyone seems to be making smaller and smaller scroll wheels which is so futile to use. We need a BIG wheel here.

Findecanor

08 Feb 2014, 20:23

I don't see any middle mouse button ...

Muirium
µ

08 Feb 2014, 20:45

I'd like a mouse with a giant trackball on top: which is the scroll wheel! (2D scrolling for the win. The one thing Apple's old Mighty Mouse got right. But go with a far larger ball.) And then a mode to reverse positions so you can use the trackball for pointer movement instead.

davkol

08 Feb 2014, 21:36

I can't imagine, under what circumstances it would actually work. Trying to move the trackball would probably move the whole mouse. At least that's my experience from the time, when I lost rubber feet on one of my trackballs.

Muirium
µ

08 Feb 2014, 21:40

True, there's surely a fine balance to strike. The tiny scroll ball on the Mighty Mouse was fine for a single finger (while the body of your hand still holds the mouse) but as a scroller it was just too small.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

10 Feb 2014, 09:24

I can tell you it is NOT a trackball as you can see from picture 2... :P However tomorrow there is another picture planned to be released... So stay tuned :P

wetto

11 Feb 2014, 04:23

CM Bram wrote:I can tell you it is NOT a trackball as you can see from picture 2... :P However tomorrow there is another picture planned to be released... So stay tuned :P
Awwwww, c'mon! Why you don't give us a high-precision affordable and easy to find and buy trackball? :cry:

I even thought it was one with an integrated wrist rest :?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

11 Feb 2014, 08:45

Sorry to dissapoint you Wetto but as you can see from the picture below it is not a Trackball. Time to reveal the names (you might have seen these names pop up before at CES or some other places)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Feb 2014, 08:48

Bram... sorry but... pictures of those two mice are already all over the internet... not much of a secret...

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

11 Feb 2014, 10:57

I know, haha... But we are getting closer to launch day and we are showing some insight in the design sketches that went into the design of the mice. Just to give some pre-launch exposure and talk :)

Findecanor

11 Feb 2014, 17:29

What are the up and down arrows for?

BTW. I wish that I could get a good new mouse with a middle mouse button that is not activated by pressing the scroll wheel (and scrolling by mistake each time you want to click).

Return to “Mice & other input devices”