good wireless mouse?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Mar 2014, 17:11

my M705 is dyeing... can you suggest a long lasting wireless mouse (possibly not Logitech?)

Muirium
µ

22 Mar 2014, 20:16

When you say long lasting, do you mean the battery or the mouse?

I know you hate the Magic Mouse, but this inductive charging add-on is quite brilliant at solving the latter:

http://www.mobeetechnology.com/the-magic-charger.html

My Magic Mouse is a bit scuffed up from extensive use these last 3 or 4 years, but going strong. And the last time I opened it up and chucked batteries into a charger was over a year ago. Get something else that does that! Recommended!

Admittedly, the only mouse I've ever actually broken was an original Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer. So maybe I'm doing it wrong.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Mar 2014, 21:09

battery life is crucial. anything less than 2 months is a no-go. The wireless charger is a good solution to a bad design. The M705 goes 6 month on one charge. The problem with the magic mouse is ergonomics... well lack of...

J888www

12 Apr 2014, 01:57

No flaming please as this is my personal preference, others choice may be different.
Have used many mouses in the past, many lasted several Weeks, some lasted a few day and a couple lasted a few Years.
I have now regressed to using a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 with a ThinkPad T60p typing on a SIIG MiniTouch, all but the Mouse is modified.
The reasons are because of the shape of the Mouse and simple three buttons with no gimmicks although I do dislike the large receiver disk. I even took the trouble to search for a NIB rather than seller refurbished, also had to be careful that it is not the Mouse part of the MS Keyboard & Mouse 2000 which have three LEDs on the receiver disk.

If anyone have ideas on mods to use this mouse with a smaller/nano receiver, please do etc etc etc...................
Attachments
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000.jpg
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000.jpg (4.94 KiB) Viewed 6175 times

scottc

12 Apr 2014, 02:05

I got a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Mouse 3000 a few years ago quite cheaply on special offer in a local shop. Despite my thoughts about Microsoft, i (surprisingly) really enjoyed it while I had it.

This was before I had any "fancy" gaming mouse, though.

I now have a Logitech G500 and it's pretty nice but not wireless. Seems to be good quality and pretty solid. I only really use it for gaming, though. I don't really use a mouse much for anything else.

J888www

12 Apr 2014, 02:42

The MS Wireless Optical 2000 fitted my large paws comfortably.
On hindsight, the disk receiver is a better option than a USB stick receiver as the stick protrudes out further on the Laptop. A nano receiver would be perfect since in all my Years, Bluetooth just doesn't seem to like monkeys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Apr 2014, 08:40

whops too late, I just ordered a new M705.

The mouse batteries goes for 6 months on single charge. The mouse itself should lasts 3 years before the buttons start to fail. I'm not happy but it's the most "average" mouse I've tried so far.

beltet

28 Aug 2014, 15:54

matt3o wrote: whops too late, I just ordered a new M705.

The mouse batteries goes for 6 months on single charge. The mouse itself should lasts 3 years before the buttons start to fail. I'm not happy but it's the most "average" mouse I've tried so far.
Think Logitech is the best choice. They have the far best battery life.
But did your last mouse broke after 3 years. That's to bad. Think Logitech gives 3 years warranty.

ShawnMeg

14 Sep 2014, 04:08

I use an M705 Marathon Mouse. Logitech advertises it as lasting 3 yrs on a single set of batteries. I'm at a year and a half on the initial battery. So far, it's been a good mouse. I prefer a previous MX600, as it had more buttons.

J888www

02 Nov 2014, 22:40

All I want is a premium build quality, full size, wireless Nano reveiver, 3 button Optical mouse........................without all those superfluous gimmicks, without all those "my ego is bigger than your ego" built into it.

andrewjoy

02 Nov 2014, 22:47

I use the performance MX its a bit pricey but the thumb rest is very nice, i still miss my deathadder but the fact that this is wireless and mutch more comfortable to use is worth the loss in precision. I only use it in games i prefer a slimblade for general use.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”