Positive:
- Shape - very suitable for the Palm grip
- Long mouse buttons (rare)
- Smooth sleeved cable
- Lots of buttons which are usually easily accessible

Negative for mouse wheel:
- much too heavy (unbalance the weight)
- is much too far out
- loose and wobbles (it can push down noticeably without the click)
- the stepping feels terribly inaccurate
- crank in raster mode during rapid scrolling (and skips clicks - feels like )
- Mouse wheel too slippery ( due to metal surface )
- srcolling the mouse in stepping mode very fast, you can feel the vibrations in the right mouse button
- the freewheel is not so bad

Negative other:
- Too narrow for me - the ring finger must be angled
- travelweg of buttons 1 and 2 (up to the trigger point )
- Thumb buttons disturbing edgy depending on the use for me
- Mouse gliders are unfavorable in shape and position
- Total too heavy 120gr without cable and extra weights

More problems reported by other users:
- loose right mouse button
- refitting the mouse on a hardpad could activate the right mouse button (w/o pushing it)
- mouse feet edges came off after a few days

Unfortunately the mousewheel, the weight and the (low) build quality overall makes this mouse a fail.
Best sensor or not...
What have you done Logitech?

Daniel Beardsmore

03 May 2014, 19:59

A Logitech mouse with a rubbish mouse wheel? Now there's a surprise ........................................

Julle

07 May 2014, 19:02

I have to respectfully disagree with most of the negatives you presented here. I received mine today, and I've had a couple of hours to work with it. My previous mouse was the G500.

The design is a bit gaudy. The outer plastic shell doesn't feel as sturdy as the G500, especially on buttons 1 and 2. On the other hand, the thinner plastic on the main buttons makes the click lighter and more precise than on the predecessor.

The weight distribution is a nice idea, and the magnetic cover on the bottom of the mouse provides easy access to the weights.

The side buttons would have been better without all the angles, but the switch feel is definitely better than in the G500. The G500 side buttons are mushy and wobbly in feel whereas in the G502 there are switches directly under the buttons.

I have absolutely no issue with the scroll wheel, and comparing to the predecessor it is probably a tad better. The braided cable is thicker and slicker than the G500's. It feels a lot smoother than the previous version, and creates less friction.

The G502 has many gamer-friendly features, for example a sniper-friendly temporary pointer slowdown while holding the main thumb button. The narrow grip is in my experience better for precise aiming and such. For a more ergonomic approach, I'd choose the QPad 5K which incidentally is not the best gaming mouse, but excellent for pretty much everything else. It feels like holding horse's lips (which is damn fantastic, if you have never tried that).

EDIT: For the record, I must state that I'm not a Logitech whore. I've had shit products from them before, but the G502 is not one.

Elrick

08 May 2014, 13:08

Julle wrote: The weight distribution is a nice idea, and the magnetic cover on the bottom of the mouse provides easy access to the weights.
It freaked me out when I couldn't open it the first time. I thought there was some switch or special button to release the plate so you could start piling in the weights.

Then again, it wasn't designed for simple apes to use....... :oops:

Return to “Mice & other input devices”