KBC Poker - Status Updates

Swede

20 Jul 2011, 12:21

Don't worry, I find it hard to believe that a single pallet just disappears. Probalby comes in another shippment or container.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Jul 2011, 16:23

runeazn wrote:is the 4th lost O_O?
No, but its being held up somewhere. Funny enough its the same for iMav. One of the parcles is being held. I'm guessing that the parcel that contains the most keyboards is the most problematic in customs and is therefore inspected.

rouston

20 Jul 2011, 17:25

it's MX blues

itlnstln

20 Jul 2011, 18:37

rouston wrote:it's MX blues
A mysterious brown box from China that goes "click, click, click" might make a few Customs officials nervous.

ripster

20 Jul 2011, 19:40

Probably suspect illegal Chinese gambling activity for a pallet of boxes named Pokers.

Especially when the sending address is "The KBC Triad".
not sure which one is Imsto.

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Jul 2011, 19:50

In Europe it is much more mundane. The Mob wants its cut.

runeazn

20 Jul 2011, 21:05

itlnstln wrote:
rouston wrote:it's MX blues
A mysterious brown box from China that goes "click, click, click" might make a few Customs officials nervous.
Russian roulette

rouston

26 Jul 2011, 17:22

I hope the fourth box has arrived as well...

sixty
Gasbag Guru

26 Jul 2011, 18:27

Fourth box is now also in Germany and being processed by customs. I will pick them all up as soon as I receive notification from the custom offices. Usually it takes them 3 to 6 days. So I'm hoping to have them by the weekend.

TheSoulhunter

26 Jul 2011, 18:59

Awesome! Cant await getting mine *dances*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8gFeRs3WU

rouston

26 Jul 2011, 19:12

TheSoulhunter wrote:Awesome! Cant await getting mine *dances*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8gFeRs3WU
lol I bwt these guys in the video are about to receive their Poker as they are doing the ckicky MX blue switches dance :D

mSSM

27 Jul 2011, 19:10

Since nobody looks at my post in the distribution thread - is there a chance you can send the keyboard to another address than the one we have originally specified? I am asking since I am not going to be at that address over the next few months.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

28 Jul 2011, 20:35

mSSM wrote:Since nobody looks at my post in the distribution thread - is there a chance you can send the keyboard to another address than the one we have originally specified? I am asking since I am not going to be at that address over the next few months.
Yes of course. Before I actually go intro distribution I will send an E-Mail to everyone again with a chance to change the address. If no answer is received I will proceed to ship the keyboards to the old address.

hoggy

28 Jul 2011, 23:53

Just to break the routine - I haven't moved and I'm looking forward to getting my poker when it gets here.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Jul 2011, 17:40

Stuff is up to the roof, quite literally.

Soon.

I will be sending mails over the weekend to confirm shipping addresses, since it seemed to have changed for a lot of people. After basic quality checks, the distribution will start around Monday and the following week. Still some customs stuff to do until I am legally allowed to actually send them. Stuff turned out a bit more complicated than expected. Luckily the custom officers were very helpful this time.

rouston

29 Jul 2011, 17:54

my address hasn't changed, can't wait my fuckin red shit!!! :lol:

Minskleip

29 Jul 2011, 19:23

Swell!

Tip: these supposedly work perfectly with a usb to ps2 passive converter, so you can make a ps2 to usb converter/remapper with a teensy if you don't like the second layer. I'll get my supplies next week!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Jul 2011, 19:40

Turns out we also received a newer revision than the one we expected. The one we received does not have the ugly gigantic fonts for the meta keys. Instead everything is nice and clean! The keycaps look very similar to Leopolds with no visual distractions, after all.

xbb

29 Jul 2011, 19:43

pictures or we won't believe! :p

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Jul 2011, 20:05

xbb wrote:pictures or we won't believe! :p

xbb

29 Jul 2011, 20:14

Thanks! Wow it looks actually nice

nathanscribe

29 Jul 2011, 20:25

Mmm, looking forward to this one. Thanks for organising it, good sir!

rouston

29 Jul 2011, 20:34

Thanks! It looks better than the PBT unreadable version!

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Jul 2011, 20:34

Sixy, before and after this group buy!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

29 Jul 2011, 20:41

webwit wrote:Sixy, before and after this group buy!

Pretty accurate. It was quite a lot more work and papers than expected. German officials and their dedication to papers, bills and fees are mostly to blame.

lal

29 Jul 2011, 20:53

sixty wrote:[... Poker X with small front printings ...]
You lucky bastards! I was seeing another key cap group buy resulting from all those Poker group buyers. But this looks really nice. They made the font *much* smaller. I'm glad for you and am in for a blue left over, if that should happen. :)

db_Iodine

29 Jul 2011, 21:16

YEEEEEAAAAAAH!

I'm so excited.

hoggy

29 Jul 2011, 21:56

very, very nice

JBert

29 Jul 2011, 22:06

Still no right Alt key though... I'll have to bring out my soldering iron.

db_Iodine

29 Jul 2011, 22:09

JBert wrote:Still no right Alt key though... I'll have to bring out my soldering iron.
I think I'll settle for using ctrl+alt for when I would need Alt Gr.

Return to “Group buys”