[IC] KBTalking Pure CNC Limited edition (shipping updated)

tinnie

11 Nov 2012, 14:01

KBTalking Pure Silver CNC Limited edition is here :)
price is 185 USD for brown, blue and black, red switch for 190 USD, Green LED only. Does not include any shipping ( add 25 for int'l priority all around the world, except BiH, add 35 USD for EMS shipping to CONUS/ AUS, northern/southern/ western Europe, please add 5 USD more (please ask for eastern europe, price may vary), add 5,000,000 USD for the moon :P )

Order List:
Spoiler:
Hoggy
EDIT: update the shipping price
EDIT2: PRICE UPDATED (190--185, 200--190)
Last edited by tinnie on 12 Nov 2012, 13:49, edited 7 times in total.

fossala
Elite +1

11 Nov 2012, 14:04

Is that a metal case?

tinnie

11 Nov 2012, 14:04

fossala wrote:Is that a metal case?
aluminium :)

hoggy

11 Nov 2012, 14:18

In!

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Nov 2012, 14:40

Is it just me or does it have a strange Fun key layout? You have to bend your thumb inwards to press the Fun key and operate the layer keys with the other fingers on the right hand at the same time. Try to simulate this with your current keyboard as if it had the Pure layout: use the cursor keys and then hit Page Up. My thumb and my fingers are trying to go in different directions.

GMC

11 Nov 2012, 16:29

That's the normal pure fun layer.
I got used to it real quickly and hold fun with thumb and find all the navigation keys easy to reach and comfortable

webwit
Wild Duck

11 Nov 2012, 17:05

I don't find holding my thumb under my ring finger while pressing a key is easy or comfortable, but in any case it's not optimal. If I use my pinky on the HHKB, the other fingers are placed naturally on the second layer, without strain. It seems much smarter.

Acanthophis

11 Nov 2012, 21:23

They should've moved the arrow cluster one to the right. That way it's no ergonomic stretch.
I don't like the arrow cluster layout on the HHKB. I find a 1-3 cluster more comfortable than a 1-2-1 cluster.

Vierax

12 Nov 2012, 03:55

Same feeling : they'd rather move the Fn key on the left, or reduce the spacebar and make symmetrical Fn keys :/
Moreover I don't understand why they didn't add a numpad on the holes of the Fn layer :/ What's the use of the numlock key ? I don't get it.

To finish, I don't see any Menu key, even in the Fn layout :(

JBert

12 Nov 2012, 09:25

Do you use the menu key very often? I use it as my Fn key by pressing it with the side of my hand...

Vierax

12 Nov 2012, 13:39

With an orthographic corrector as in Firefox or Open Office, using the Menu key to see suggestions instead of right clicking keeps your hands on the keyboard, ready to type the next characters ;) Especially useful with a non-TKL keyboard.
On a good Fn layout with Menu and Escape in the letter rows and the arrow keys on the home row, text corrections and generally Menu access speed is fully improved. That's the same typing improvement with Tabulation and Backspace :)

laggy-gaga

12 Nov 2012, 16:58

Is it in stock aldy?

tinnie

13 Nov 2012, 00:38

laggy-gaga wrote:Is it in stock aldy?
yes :)

Winther

05 Feb 2013, 06:58

Im sorry to post both here and on geekhack, but is it too late to order and does these keyboards come with a nordic layout?

Sorry if these are noob questions but I just registered both here and on geekhack, so I dont know much about all these nice keyboards yet.. :)

realex

05 Feb 2013, 20:02

no, there is no nordic layout of the pure - just pm the seller if you're interested, chances are he pushes pms to his phone via tapatalk, so it should be the fastest way to get a hold of him.

Return to “Group buys”