[KEYS ARRIVED] Round 3 Moogle Kits

hashbaz

21 Mar 2012, 07:15

The keys have arrived!

Pics here.

=======================================
=======================================

Round 3 Moogle Kit Group Buy
Now with add-ons and smokey Dolch flavor!

I'm going to be out of town for a week starting Tuesday 10 April. I'll be back the following Monday. My Internet access during my trip will very likely be limited, so expect my responsiveness to PMs and orders to be patchy. I plan to start collecting payments shortly after I return.

This is more or less a clone of the order thread OP on geekhack. I don't post a lot here, but I have a ton of positive feedback there.

See the the first post of the geekhack thread for the order list and update history.

KITS

All of the following are available in black, white, and Dolch.

Base Kit: the standard moogle, ANSI-flavored

2 Control (1.25x)
2 Alt (1.25x)
2 Win (1.25x)
1 Menu (1.25x)
1 left Shift (2.25x)
1 right Shift (2.75x)
1 Spacebar
1 Caps Lock
BaseKit.png
BaseKit.png (105.39 KiB) Viewed 14591 times
Full Modifier Kit: for making all your modifiers consistent

1 Tab
1 Backspace
1 Enter
FullMod.png
FullMod.png (106.17 KiB) Viewed 14591 times
Anti-Caps Kit: for swapping Control and Caps Lock

1 Control (1.75x)
1 Caps Lock (1.25x)
AntiCapsKit.png
AntiCapsKit.png (106.85 KiB) Viewed 14591 times
ISO Adapter Kit: for using an ISO Cherry set on an ANSI keyboard

1 Enter
1 Backslash/Pipe
ISOAdapt.png
ISOAdapt.png (100.86 KiB) Viewed 14591 times
1.5x Mod Kit: center-stemmed 1.5x modifiers

2 Control (1.5x)
2 Alt (1.5x)
15ModKit.png
15ModKit.png (95.78 KiB) Viewed 14591 times
Extras: extra keys that can be ordered individually

ISO left Shift (1.25x)
Backslash/Pipe (1.5x) -- For combining ISO Adapter and Full Mod into one kit
Blank modifier (1.25x) -- Win key alternative
Stepped Caps Lock -- Center-stemmed
Spacebar
ISOLeftShift_small.png
ISOLeftShift_small.png (2.71 KiB) Viewed 14591 times
ORDERING

Submit your order via this fancy Google form that I made. If you want to change your order, send me a PM.

PRICING

As usual, prices will decrease as we get more orders. Some of the above will probably not get a ton of interest, and thus will be expensive. Nothing will be dropped unless there is no one willing to buy.

The prices below are guestimates based on some numbers I pulled out of a hat: 25 base kits and 10 of everything else. Yes, these prices are expensive. Don't worry about that for now, just order what you want and the popular ones will come down. We should be in the $20 range for the base kits once we hit 50 orders.

And remember that the colors have separate pricing tiers. Sad but true.

Code: Select all

BASEKIT   FULLMOD   ISOADAPT   ANTICAPS   15MOD   ISOSHIFT   STEPCAPS   SPACEBAR   BLANKMOD   BACKSLASH
Black    $19      $19         $19       $29       $26      $11        $7         $3         $6         $7
White    $15      $16         $10       $29       $37      $11        $7         $2         $3         $6
Dolch    $18      $19         $19       $29       $37      $11        $10         $3         $4         $10

To help overcome the sticker shock, here is a table of estimated prices for each kit at each tier up to 75. A few things to note:
  • I am not committing to these prices
  • They are guesstimates of the future price breaks, posted in order to help people order more freely without panicking over the current (high!) prices
  • Since some sets share keys and thus influence each other's prices, real pricing as we hit these breaks will be different (very likely lower)
  • To generate this table, I looked at each kit in isolation, so some of the prices are different than what I posted above
    I don't have quotes from Melissa for the base kit below 25 orders

BASEKIT        FULLMOD        ISOADAPT        ANTICAPS        15MOD        ISOSHIFT        STEPCAP        BLANKMOD        BACKSLASH        SPACEBAR
10     -              $43            $29             $30            $37           $11            $15             $6              $15              $7
15     -              $30            $20             $21            $24           $8             $11             $4              $10              $5
25     $29            $20            $13             $14            $14           $5             $7              $3              $7               $4
50     $20            $11            $8              $8             $9            $4             $5              $2              $4               $3
75     $17            $9             $6              $6             $7            $3             $4              $1.50           $3               $2.50
In addition to the cost of the keys, there will be a materials fee added to each order to cover fixed costs like shipping from SP, bubble mailers, and the Enter prototype.

Rather than try to bake these costs into the price of the keys, I will spread them evenly across everyone once orders are closed. I expect this fee will end up being less than $3 per order.

Payments must be made via Paypal unless you work out something special with me. Paypal seller fees will be included in the materials fee.

SHIPPING

Your keys will ship from the San Francisco Bay area. Standard shipping means a small bubble mailer that will fit at most three base kits. Priority shipping means a USPS flat rate box.

US     Canada     International
Standard  $4       $6            $6
Priority  $7       $14           $18
If your keys get lost or damaged in the mail I will do what I can to mitigate, but there are no guarantees.
Last edited by hashbaz on 10 Jul 2012, 18:40, edited 14 times in total.

hashbaz

21 Mar 2012, 07:19

Reserved

litster

21 Mar 2012, 07:21

I wasn't first on the other thread, but I am first here! LOL!

sixty
Gasbag Guru

21 Mar 2012, 07:22

Is the font still too bold or has that been fixed by now?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

21 Mar 2012, 07:22

It is thinner than cherry now...

hashbaz

21 Mar 2012, 07:27

sixty wrote:Is the font still too bold or has that been fixed by now?
See my RGBY group buy for an idea of what the newest generation Cherry replica legends are like. Like The_Ed said, they are slightly too thin. But overall a much better match than the last moogle round.

dirge

21 Mar 2012, 10:22

The ISO enter from beige and black should match up well enough, but many people don't have Dolch sets myself included.

Would mean us asking for an dolch iso enter, is that possible?

Lister you've got a dolch set, do cherry beige alphas/numbers mix with dolch mods? does the colour combo work? Would be a nice option for those not willing to battle the hordes for a dolch set :)

hashbaz

21 Mar 2012, 12:28

dirge wrote:The ISO enter from beige and black should match up well enough, but many people don't have Dolch sets myself included.

Would mean us asking for an dolch iso enter, is that possible?
I'm confused. You don't have a Dolch set, but you want a Dolch enter?

dirge

21 Mar 2012, 13:24

lol I know it sounds daft but what I thought was have cherry beige alpha&number keys but have dolch (del,enter,shift,mods,tab.. etc,etc) So a hybrid.

I think the dark grey would look good using normal cherry beige or black alpha&numeric keys.

It wouldn't be nessisary on the other sets as there are plenty of them around, but dolch are like rocking horse sh*t.

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 07:53

I posted a table of price guesstimates at breakdowns up to 75 units in the OP, along with a list of caveats.

Can someone tell me how to do a table on this site? CODE tags are not working well. :-/

Taeyoung

22 Mar 2012, 09:27

Does "Stepped Caps Lock" fit into Cherry standard keyboard?

Changdrew

22 Mar 2012, 09:57

Taeyoung wrote:
Does "Stepped Caps Lock" fit into Cherry standard keyboard?

It's centered stemmed, and those pictures aren't, so nope.

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 10:16

Taeyoung wrote:Does "Stepped Caps Lock" fit into Cherry standard keyboard?
Nope, it's center stemmed like Changdrew said.

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 18:26

No interest in this, really guys? What about all of you who just bought white Cherry sets from Ascaii?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Mar 2012, 18:41

hashbaz wrote:No interest in this, really guys? What about all of you who just bought white Cherry sets from Ascaii?
I guess they would be happy to find kits for adatping their ANSI keycaps to ISO keyboards, not the opposite.

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 19:10

True, true. My understanding is that ISO enters from SP are ridiculously expensive for some reason, but I can look into it if it will generate some interest here. I'm just shocked that there's not any discussion going on here. The geekhack thread has 12 pages already. The bigger this buy is, the cheaper everything is!

dirge

22 Mar 2012, 19:21

Lot of us read both forums so if it's answered in geekhack no need to bring it up. Wasn't the price of ISO enters high when doubleshot? If they were just blanks is it not much cheaper?

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 19:26

I'll ask. What else would be required to make an ANSI adapter kit? Just ISO enter, 1.25x left shift, and 1x backslash, right?

guilleguillaume

22 Mar 2012, 19:30

I've sent you an order! Let me know if something is wrong :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Mar 2012, 19:30

It is not only the ISO Enter key, it's also the left Shift. And the keycap next to the lower part ISO Enter.

Edit: lol, I hadn't seen your last posting, hashbaz

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 19:39

Thanks guilleguillaume!

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 21:20

kbdfr wrote:It is not only the ISO Enter key, it's also the left Shift. And the keycap next to the lower part ISO Enter.

Edit: lol, I hadn't seen your last posting, hashbaz
Seems like there's also a couple of others? Tilde is in a different spot, etc.?

hashbaz

22 Mar 2012, 21:44

ISO enter quotes from Melissa:

05 pcs $21.00
10 pcs $11.20
15 pcs $7.93
25 pcs $5.32

So are you guys interested in a kit that will adapt an ANSI Cherry set to an ISO keyboard?

dirge

22 Mar 2012, 22:09

Yup. in for 1 @ 10, 2 @ 10&15, and 4 @ 25 :)

(that really doesn't help, sorry, but if enough support comes up I'll throw £30 or so in to get it through)

Taeyoung

23 Mar 2012, 02:46

hashbaz wrote:
Got it. :)
Is there any 7x spacebar option?
And I've just sent you an order.

hashbaz

23 Mar 2012, 06:17

Taeyoung wrote:
hashbaz wrote:
Got it. :)
Is there any 7x spacebar option?
And I've just sent you an order.
Thanks man. There's no 7x spacebar currently, though I suppose there could be if you wanted to order a bunch of them.

In other news, we hit our first price drops:
STEPCAPS_bl $15 ==> $10
BASEKIT_wh $29 ==> $19
SPACEBAR_wh $4 ==> $3
ISOADAPT_wh $19 ==> $16
STEPCAPS_wh $15 ==> $10
FULLMOD_dl $38 ==> $30

Taeyoung

23 Mar 2012, 09:53

hashbaz wrote: Thanks man. There's no 7x spacebar currently, though I suppose there could be if you wanted to order a bunch of them.
Hmmm....
How many should I order to revive the 7x spacebar option?
Would you please let me know the unit price ?
Thanks

korne

23 Mar 2012, 10:01

Order sent

dirge

23 Mar 2012, 13:13

I'll also order a dolch 7 unit space ;)

gimpster

23 Mar 2012, 16:26

dirge wrote:I'll also order a dolch 7 unit space ;)
What's the purpose of this when the Dolch already comes with 7x space bars?

Return to “Group buys”