TaiHao Cheap ABS Doubleshot Keycaps (keycaps arrived, sortin

GhostofHarry

14 May 2014, 10:46

ARRIVED

discovered that all the 7x spacebar has a wrong colour....
also, they have given us the old 7x spacebar which is the non-amended one that doesnt fit cherry keyboard

have communicated with taihao
they produce new spacebar immediately and will send them out to me in 2 days
so our progress should not be delayed for too long!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Final Order Confirmation
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Please check your order information (and also the total sum needed to be paid) before I start sending out invoices.

The total sum is calculated this way:
ANSI = No. of ANSI ordered * $15
ANSI SHIPPING = $5 for the first ANSI, $3 each for the rest
ADDON = No. of Add-ons ordered * $6
ADDON SHIPPING = No. of Add-ons * 1.5
TRACKING = $3 if Yes, $0 if No
SUBTOTAL = ANSI + ANSI SHIPPING + ADDON + ADDON SHIPPING + TRACKING
TOTAL SUM WITH PAYPAL FEE ADDED = SUBTOTAL * 104.4% + $0.3

If your row has been highlighted GREEN
I have changed your order information according to your PM.
As there are too many PMs, I might have missed some messages,
or have misunderstood some messages, or have forgotten to change your order.
Please PM me again if there's any problem.

If your row has been highlighted RED
There's something missing or wrong in your order. This happens because one of the following reasons:
1. your address is not detailed enough for international shipment (according to my local postoffice's standard).
normally, it's because you didn't include your country.
2. you have submitted an empty form (i.e. you have ordered nothing)
3. your forum ID is wrong

Please PM me your amended personal information or amended order information.

I have deleted the rows of those who have dropped out. If you still find yourself in the list, please let me know too.

I will start sending out invoices soon and that will be another (and the last) chance for you guys to confirm the personal information.

Glad that finally we can proceed to the next stage of the buy!
Thx for everyone's support

Hi
I am GhostofHarry

I am recently doing a TaiHao groupbuy and would like to see if any of you are interested to join :lol:

This groupbuy will be doing in stages as there are too many choice, and I would like to condense the choices to meet the MOQ easier

This Group Buy will offer both ANSI set with stepped capslock,
and Add-On Pack which include ISO, Winkeyless and 1.75 Shift, with 2 blank window key for subsitution

Stage 1
We will be doing the 4th Generation in Stage 1

Dolch
Granite
Olivette

Stage 2
After reaching all the MOQs of Stage 1, we will proceed to Stage 2
In Stage two, we will be doing Azure and Red On White
Spoiler:
Azure
Red On White

Stage 3
After reaching all the MOQs of Stage 2, we will proceed to Stage 3
In stage 3, we will be doing Red and Purple
Spoiler:

Keycap Information
Keycap Manufacturer : Taihao Taiwan (Made In Taiwan)
Keycap Material : ABS
Keycap Printing Method : Double Shot Injection
Keycap Profile : OEM Profile

Sets and Price Information
ANSI + Stepped Capslock | MOQ of each colour: 300
104 ANSI Winkey Layout (as shown in picture above)
1 * Cherry Stepped Capslock

Price : $15

Add-On Pack | MOQ of each colour: 300
2 * 1.5x Ctrl
2 * 1.5x Alt
2 * 1x R1 Blank Key
1 * 7x Spacebar

1 * 1.75 Shift
1 * 1.25x Shift
2 * 1x blank keys (R1, R2 for ISO)
1 * ISO Enter

2 * 1.25x Blank Key (to replace win key)

Price In Tier (Each colour has their own price tier!):
Tier 1 : When order reaches 100 : $13.5
Tier 2 : When order reaches 150 : $9
Tier 3 : When order reaches 200 : $6.8
Tier 4 : When order reaches 250 : $5.4
Tier Ultimate : When order reaches 300 : $4.5

Taihao cannot provide us a Window Logo due to Copyright Problem
Therefore, only Blank 1.25x can be provided

This add-on pack should be the first ISO / tsangan keycaps that taihao produce.

It will be a wise choice to get one, adding $4.5, you can apply the whole set on MUCH more keyboard

Great thanks to whiskytango for providing this balancing method of pricing in tiers

Shipping
Goods will be packed in Ziplocks, and shipping to you with bubble mailer

World Wide (via 2nd Class Airmail)
Applicable for less than 10 ANSI sets + 10 Add-On Pack
$5 USD for an ANSI set
Add $3 for each ANSI set more
Add $1.5 for each Add-On Pack
Add $3 for tracking

Please approach me if u are ordering a large quantity or want to use express mail, as shipment will not be the same
Paypal Fee
Paypal fee is 4.4% + 0.3 USD

Time Estimation
END OF GB : 30th June 2014
I will start sending invoice when the GB ends, or it is clearly showing that we will no move onto the next stage

Collecting money : 2 weeks
Lead Time : 7-8 Weeks
Shipping from Taihao to me : 2 weeks
Sorting and packing : 2-3 weeks (Hopefully)
Shipping to you : ~ 2 weeks
Packages should be sent in September~October!

Buyer will be responsible for payment of goods, shipping costs, and all paypal fees
Order Form
ORDER CONFIRMATION HERE

If you couldn't see this, I am reviewing the orders and turned off the sharing
Please be patient and I will turn on the sharing shortly after

PM me if u have to revise your order
Last edited by GhostofHarry on 30 Sep 2014, 16:24, edited 9 times in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2014, 11:04

GhostofHarry wrote:[…] After reaching [glow=red,2,300]all[/glow] the MOQs of Stage 1, we will […]
When copying your posts from GH please make sure to clean them from tags we don’t have here :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Off-topic?
Sure, off-topic!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by kbdfr on 14 May 2014, 11:19, edited 2 times in total.

GhostofHarry

14 May 2014, 11:12

kbdfr wrote:
GhostofHarry wrote:[…] After reaching [glow=red,2,300]all[/glow] the MOQs of Stage 1, we will […]
When copying your posts from GH please make sure to clean them from tags we don’t have here :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Off-topic?
Sure, off-topic!
:mrgreen:
thx :oops:

i missed that badly

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2014, 11:20

GhostofHarry wrote:[…] you can apply the whole set on MUCH more keyboard and have better reselling potential […]
Is making money going to be the new rationale for taking part in a group buy?
I do hope this will not spread from GH to DT.
Spoiler:
Off-topic again?
Sure, off-topic again!
:evil:

GhostofHarry

14 May 2014, 11:39

kbdfr wrote:
GhostofHarry wrote:[…] you can apply the whole set on MUCH more keyboard and have better reselling potential […]
Spoiler:
Off-topic again?
Sure, off-topic again!
I am sorry if I have done wrong there... :o

I am new to GH and DT and i am know sure if what you are saying is true
What i know is that both forums has keyboard enthusiast and this GB may be what you guys wanted
its cheap and they are good looking! :D
If this GB is not suitable for DT, i will delete it :)

For that sentence, what i mean is that if u do not want your set, and would like to resell it
the add-on pack can fit more ppls need and therefore it has better potential of selling them
It has no hidden meaning of reselling things in a higher price to make money

Another reason of saying that is because not everyone needs add-on pack
but we still have to meet the MOQ to make this GB successful
If that makes ppl to get one add-on pack along with the ANSI,
this helps the MOQ and ultimately help more ppl to get what they want :lol:
Last edited by GhostofHarry on 14 May 2014, 12:05, edited 2 times in total.

tinnie

14 May 2014, 11:42

kbdfr wrote:
Spoiler:
Off-topic again?
Sure, off-topic again!
Har har har! Tbh, I really miss fossala for being our patrol.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2014, 11:55

GhostofHarry wrote:[…] If this GB is not suitable for DT, i will delete it :)
That is not, repeat: not, my intention.
I do like this place where aficionados meet to share their hobby and of course also to buy and sell things.
Threre is nothing to say against sales generating profit,
but buying only in order to resell for profit is the kind of spirit I wouldn’t want to have here.

This being said, I wish you good luck with your group buy.
Nice to see people doing their best to provide us with all that frivolous stuff :lol:

@tinnie: ;)

Muirium
µ

14 May 2014, 11:57

$15 for a full ansi set is enough to make money on these? Taihao ain't no Signature Plastics!

Oh right, thanks for spelling that out Kbdfr, I didn't get what you were on about either. Despite the text size! (As soon as I see GH tags, I go blind to character styles.)

SL89

14 May 2014, 18:19

I might try to cobble together a pseudo Red Alert kit like minh0 suggested from the Stage 2 Red on White and Stage 3 White on Red. IF i end up getting the Red Scarf II to put them on.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2014, 19:08

SL89 wrote:I might try to cobble together a pseudo Red Alert kit like minh0 suggested from the Stage 2 Red on White and Stage 3 White on Red. IF i end up getting the Red Scarf II to put them on.
I have not the slightest clue what you're talking about.
"minh0"?
"Red Scarf II"?

Well, my turn to treat you with something you probably won't understand :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

SL89

14 May 2014, 19:13

kbdfr wrote: Well, my turn to treat you with something you probably won't understand :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Music is a universal language :P I may not speak French but i like his jams nonetheless.

Halvar

14 May 2014, 20:34

I wonder who is acting like "le con" in this thread though and why. There must be some history I don't understand.

SL89

14 May 2014, 20:38

Halvar wrote:I wonder who is acting like "le con" in this thread though and why. There must be some history I don't understand.
What do you mean by "le con"?

minh0 is a user on GH and Reddit that put up a combo kit that was red on white and white on red made from parts of these gbs.

the Red Scarf II refers to this

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2014, 21:20

Halvar wrote:I wonder who is acting like "le con" in this thread though and why. There must be some history I don't understand.
I didn't mean anyone, but obviously this song was the wrong choice :lol:
So let's say I've been the one making a fool of myself :mrgreen:

On a more serious note,
I find it rather annoying when GH members behave as if DT were just a subsidiary of GH,
taking it for granted everyone will know who an obscure (at least by DT standards) member of GH is,
taking it for granted they can just copy and paste their GH postings without even checking if tags will work,
and of course taking it for granted everybody's keyboards will have US ANSI layout.

By the way, is there a Demongolator on GH? :lol:

SL89

14 May 2014, 22:17

Lol that went right over my head.

But seriously,
I ended up finding GH and DT through /r/MechanicalKeyboards [thank you Ripster] so i'm probably the last person you'd ever come to love lol.

I didn't assume you knew who minh0 was. I know GhostOfHarry does however and the comment was directed more towards him. In truth I couldn't care who knows or doesn't know of any prominent or obscure folks on either board.

I may not be the most seasoned person here, but i wasn't anticipating on annoying anyone either. I never thought of DT as a subsidiary of GH, I've made note of a very different attitude here as opposed to GH. Maybe I am mistaken about this but DT has been a lot more inclusive, informative and interesting then GH.

If i am wrong about the different attitude then I guess i'll just wait for my caps from 7bit and head back to Reddit. Usually new comers are welcomed in new places but i must have the wrong idea. So I guess I'm sorry for annoying you kbdfr.

Muirium
µ

14 May 2014, 22:26

You just caught him in a grumbling mood. Which is quite easy to do, come to think of it…

I'm not even bothered when the precise stuff Kbdfr mentioned actually does happen. Because then we get to heckle in the thread! Some of the more amusing stuff that marks this place out - the kind of thing that'll get you in trouble at GH for "threadcrapping" – is what happens when everyone here gets on the pot!

SL89

14 May 2014, 22:30

Muirium wrote:You just caught him in a grumbling mood. Which is quite easy to do, come to think of it…

I'm not even bothered when the precise stuff Kbdfr mentioned actually does happen. Because then we get to heckle in the thread! Some of the more amusing stuff that marks this place out - the kind of thing that'll get you in trouble at GH for "threadcrapping" – is what happens when everyone here gets on the pot!
Thank you Muirium, I can see why the overflow could get annoying for sure and I'm really not trying to contribute to that. I would never consider myself a 'GeekHacker' or a 'Deskthoritarian' [Or whatever self identifier everyone uses around here lol] for that matter.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 May 2014, 22:37

I posted something on reddit, and some guy didn't agree and downvoted me. Waaaaah. Now I headed back to dt. New comers aren't welcome on reddit. Waaah. ;)

SL89

14 May 2014, 22:40

webwit wrote:I posted something on reddit, and some guy didn't agree and downvoted me. Waaaaah. Now I headed back to dt. New comers aren't welcome on reddit. Waaah. ;)
Beware the hive-mind, Reddit is nothing if not civilized ;)

GhostofHarry

14 May 2014, 22:52

thx kbdfr,

i will keep your words in mind and try to not annoy the others in the future:D
and it's good to learn things in a tough way

DT is a respected community and i feel that i am insignificant here. :oops:
I think I need a little bit of time to get use to it. :roll:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 May 2014, 23:42

Muirium wrote:You just caught [kbdfr] in a grumbling mood. . Which is quite easy to do, come to think of it…
:lol:
Spoiler:

SL89

14 May 2014, 23:45

kbdfr wrote:
Muirium wrote:You just caught [kbdfr] in a grumbling mood. . Which is quite easy to do, come to think of it…
:lol:
Spoiler:
Do you have a video example for every situation you find yourself in? :lol:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 May 2014, 00:21

SL89 wrote:Do you have a video example for every situation you find yourself in? :lol:
Spoiler:

Daniel Beardsmore

15 May 2014, 00:32

GhostofHarry wrote:Taihao cannot provide us a Window Logo due to Copyright Problem
What do you call the symbols on the keys in the sample shots?

I thought Tai-Hao could only do the Windows logo pad printed? Someone even confirmed this for me on a Focus keyboard — all double-shot except Windows (and presumably menu), which I take to mean that they never went to the trouble to tool up those keys in double-shot, probably as by 1995 it wasn't worth it any more.

(Likewise, I assume it wouldn't be possible to have a generic alternative symbol instead, such as the diamond used with RGBY kits, unless you want pad-printed.)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 May 2014, 06:12

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: What do you call the symbols on the keys in the sample shots?
To me it looks like the Windows 95 logo flipped and with the wavy parts edited out.

GhostofHarry

15 May 2014, 07:31

Sixty is correct

It's not a complete window logo

But it's still a double shot keycap

Daniel Beardsmore

16 May 2014, 01:17

So, what are the 1.25× blanks for, then?

GhostofHarry

16 May 2014, 01:34

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:So, what are the 1.25× blanks for, then?
it's for the substitution of the bottom row 1.25

if u actually need a fn key rather than a menu key
or if u think the fake window key is too ugly to be on your board :)

grasshopper

16 May 2014, 14:00

Hi, I'm very interested in the Dolch set. It's nice to see a doubleshot group buy that isn't insanely overpriced for a change.

However, can I make a few suggestions:

On most (all?) ISO keyboards, the single unit key to the left of the ISO enter key generates the same scan code as the wide \| key above the enter key on ANSI keyboards. Could I therefore suggest that for ISO users, a single unit \| key is provided for fitting just to the left of the enter key. This would enable ISO users to have a fully fuctional US layout (albeit with one extra blank key to the right of the left shift key).

Also, could we have META and SUPER keys instead of Windows keys, or would that add too much to the cost?

Muirium
µ

16 May 2014, 14:21

^Good suggestions.

Return to “Group buys”