Cherry stabilizers + PCB w/blacks

IvanIvanovich

18 Jul 2014, 20:21

Current status: CLOSED. Awaiting shipment from GMK. Expected ETA early October.
Order deadline 15 August. Payment deadline 20 August.

MX-Stabilizer 2.x - .85€/pc. $1.15/pc.
MX-Stabilizer Space (6.25 or 7.0) - 1€/pc. $1.35/pc.
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (20.05 KiB) Viewed 7081 times

Same price for PCB or PLATE versions with both options available. MOQ for each size is 100.

Buyer will be responsible for payment of goods, shipping costs, for all paypal fees, and an additional $1 groupbuy fee. You will be billed and all orders collected via paypal in USD. All orders will be sent via USPS. Shipping fees will vary based on what is ordered and it's destination. I will not be liable for uninsured/nontrackable orders damaged or lost during shipping.

Orders (total):
2.x PCB - 2500
2.x PLT - 2600
6.25 PCB - 500
6.25 PLT - 600
7 PCB - 400
7 PLT - 350
PCB w/ MX blacks - 60

FAQ:
Q: Can I combine this with my DOLCH or DARK PBT order? A: Yes, this will be done automatically and you won't be charged additional shipping (unless you order in large volume then you will be charged the difference).
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 05 Sep 2014, 17:27, edited 9 times in total.

Muirium
µ

18 Jul 2014, 20:25

Nice one! Everyone's always looking for stabs. And I'm almost flat out of PCB mount Cherry myself.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

18 Jul 2014, 20:29

And I wanted the 7u stabs, this is awesome :D I saw on GH that this will happen but this is fast :D

IvanIvanovich

19 Jul 2014, 00:58

Ha.. MOQ already reached on both 2.x and 6.25 plate. Half way there for the others.

Zentaaa

19 Jul 2014, 01:36

Sent an order for 1x 7u pcb mounted, hope that ordering just 1 is fine? :)

Jmneuv

19 Jul 2014, 01:56

Does this GB mean the GH60 stabs get refunded?
Thanks for arranging.

IvanIvanovich

19 Jul 2014, 17:28

I'm still not 100% clear on the GH60 deal whether the orders are being transferred to me or not. I think they will but I haven't received a final word on it with the numbers and etc.

IvanIvanovich

24 Jul 2014, 19:23

GMK is offering us a rather nice deal on some surplus PCB with MX black. These are an 1800 style PCB that will come preconfigured for ANSI but also support ISO layout.
They lack a controller but have a convenient pin header that could be used to hook up a teensy or similar. As assembled they would be 2KRO. The 3 lock switches have support on the PCB for in switch lock lights.
Price will be €15/ea with approximately 300 pieces available. This option is now added to the order form in the OP.

Another similar PCB in a matrix layout may also be offered. I will let you know when I have further details on that one.
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 24 Jul 2014, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

24 Jul 2014, 19:25

I'm possibly interested in one, but are there winkeyless versions also or just the configuration above?

IvanIvanovich

24 Jul 2014, 19:31

Only what is shown.

scottc

24 Jul 2014, 19:32

Alright, thanks.

Findecanor

24 Jul 2014, 20:04

Cheap unused black switches! :shock:

Will orders shipped to Europe be shipped from Europe or will everything be from USA?
Last edited by Findecanor on 24 Jul 2014, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2014, 20:09

Orders will be shipped by Tinnie!

Oh, wait, forget I said that. The Cherry singularity hasn't happened yet.

IvanIvanovich

24 Jul 2014, 21:15

Since PCB with switches is a larger heavy item I might be able to work out something to have them split shipped from GMK to someone in DE or elsewhere to redistribute in Europe region. In this case what is saved on shipping I guess would be more than what would needed to be payed on VAT. Mostly this will depend on how many Europeans want to buy them on how I would pursue that option.

MrMen

24 Jul 2014, 23:51

Just to be sure, desoldering is a dream or not in this case ? Because I think few of them will become mine.

chzel

25 Jul 2014, 00:24

an EU proxy for the boards would be really nice.
In that case I might be indulged in a board!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Jul 2014, 07:52

Really nice design, even if I wouldn't exactly call it 1800 style.

Here the num pad forms an authentic matrix with the rest of the board (except of course for the staggered alpha part), i.e. there is no offset between the cursor keys and the numpad like in the 1800 (marked red in the pic).
The "LED gap" has been replaced with a switch (marked green) and there's an extra row between the number row and the function row (marked blue).
not exactly 1800.jpg
not exactly 1800.jpg (295.31 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
The composite ANSI/ISO design and the option for 1u or2u Backspace are great ideas.

All in all I think this would deserve an own thread, or at least editing the thread title.
Thanks IvanIvanovich, that's another great deal with GMK (even if a PCB is nothing I could handle :lol: ).

I really wish Tipro would have chosen quite exactly this design.
Last edited by kbdfr on 25 Jul 2014, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Jul 2014, 11:27

A shame the num pad Enter is not prepared (like [edit: and nor is] Backspace) for receiving two switches instead of one.

Anyway, that's how it would look when entirely populated with switches and caps:
(photoshopped, of course)
(photoshopped, of course)
1800-like Design - fixed.jpg (306.58 KiB) Viewed 6870 times
Note that due to the matrix design its width is even slightly less than a 1800.
Last edited by kbdfr on 25 Jul 2014, 13:19, edited 2 times in total.

Nuum

25 Jul 2014, 11:33

If I see it correctly, the backspace can't be split into two keys.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Jul 2014, 11:52

Nuum wrote: If I see it correctly, the backspace can't be split into two keys.
Oops, of course you're right.

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2014, 17:24

Hmm… interesting indeed. The only part I really dislike the 2KRO. Assuming that's not something we could fix by simply dropping in diodes? The matrix either needs diodes or it can't accept them, I'm guessing.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

25 Jul 2014, 20:51

Yeah only 2KRO :/

And what about a proper case for this?

IvanIvanovich

26 Jul 2014, 16:38

With the right firmware it could be possible to have 4KRO maybe since Cherry pulled that off on a few models that don't have diodes. Otherwise if you want to add diode to make it NKRO you would need to do quite a bit of handwiring also to complete the matrix to do that.
There is no case for it available to us from GMK. I also get no confirmation who it was made for but the Desko is the closest.

Essentially GMK has these taking up space and want to be rid of them so are giving us a very cheap price. It's up to us to find anything useful to do with them. You are on your own for making it work with a controller of your choice and your own case solutions.

JotaCe

05 Aug 2014, 15:35

MrMen wrote: Just to be sure, desoldering is a dream or not in this case ? Because I think few of them will become mine.
Any update on this?

acolombo

05 Aug 2014, 19:06

I'd be interested if we have a proxy in Europe. I'd be also interested in the board only, so if someone wants to desolder the switches I'd buy the board.

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Aug 2014, 19:25

Ivan, I do believe that the PCB was for the Desko. Take a look at these photos, and you can see the same headers.

http://cafe.naver.com/sfkey.cafe?iframe ... oardtype=I

(you have to navigate to MX on the left side, then find the Desko - site doesn't allow me to link to individual articles)

JotaCe

05 Aug 2014, 20:04

acolombo wrote: I'd be interested if we have a proxy in Europe. I'd be also interested in the board only, so if someone wants to desolder the switches I'd buy the board.
I'm only interested in the switches, but I don't trust my lousy de-solder skills enough to guarantee the board will be functional after I'm finished :/

IvanIvanovich

12 Aug 2014, 18:57

Last few days for ordering.

Muirium
µ

12 Aug 2014, 18:58

Thanks for the reminder!

beltet

12 Aug 2014, 22:06

Is there anyway to check if I made a order...
I was tired when I was looking at it, and not sure if I pressed send...

Return to “Group buys”