[QWER] Lambda Key Cap - DISPATCHED

QWERTim

27 Jul 2014, 12:33

Current Stage: DISPATCHED

Hello Everyone

Due to the huge amount of interest and emails we receive regarding the orange lambda, K series key cap, we have decided to run our first group buy! Since this is our first time we are running a group buy across several forums, you will have to be kind to us! If I have missed anything or you have any questions, please PM me or drop a post in here. This will definitely be going ahead with a minimum order of 101 key caps.

This group buy is for our orange, k series (thick ABS, spherical profile like our QWERkey). The lambda symbol will be engraved then infilled with black paint.

Cost

The cost will be £3 + postage (discount for bulk orders - please PM me for pricing).

We are looking for US proxy if there are enough US orders, else it will be £3.50 for international orders and £1.50 for UK orders.

Timings

We expect a 2 week turnaround time from when we place the initial order.

Register

Please register your initial interest here:

http://www.qwer.io/group-buys-interest- ... a-key-cap/

On the 14th August we will close the interest check stage and then issue PayPal invoices. A minimum of 101 key caps will be produced, so if you fail to register your interest in time, please do not panic! There will be surplus stock which will be listed on our website.
Last edited by QWERTim on 11 Sep 2014, 16:56, edited 5 times in total.

Fnzzy

27 Jul 2014, 19:03

I would love to get one in Cherry profile so that it doesn't look out of place on a 60% but I will take one anyways!

pyrelink

27 Jul 2014, 20:36

I asked you guys to re do these like a year ago! Clearly you listened. :lol:

I am absolutely in for this.

QWERTim

27 Jul 2014, 20:43

Fnzzy wrote:I would love to get one in Cherry profile so that it doesn't look out of place on a 60% but I will take one anyways!
I could potentially get some Cherry ones made up! Esc profile the best?
pyrelink wrote:I asked you guys to re do these like a year ago! Clearly you listened. :lol:

I am absolutely in for this.
It's taken us a while to settle down after the big change over, and now that we have a good footing again, we can start to offer engraving again!

Fnzzy

27 Jul 2014, 22:06

QWERTim wrote:
Fnzzy wrote:I would love to get one in Cherry profile so that it doesn't look out of place on a 60% but I will take one anyways!
:o Will those be more expensive since it is sort of a "custom order" or does the price stay the same? And yes, Esc profile. Same profile as your transparent QWER6 switch tester caps :D

Also: Does the QWERkey discount apply to this?

QWERTim

27 Jul 2014, 23:08

Fnzzy wrote:
QWERTim wrote:
:o Will those be more expensive since it is sort of a "custom order" or does the price stay the same? And yes, Esc profile. Same profile as your transparent QWER6 switch tester caps :D

Also: Does the QWERkey discount apply to this?
Discount will be applicable! You'll have to email me your PayPal email and which QWERkey you have/the order#

As for the ESC profile, it really depends on the numbers ordered. I'll add that option in tomorrow and see how much interest it gets. It would be the same price however!

PaulNewman

28 Jul 2014, 10:30

Very Nice.. no shipping to Europa? Price in Euro or $ ?

oneshotshift

28 Jul 2014, 14:51

I would take a couple if you do cherry profile. I already have some of the K series from the 1'st buy :D

QWERTim

28 Jul 2014, 22:02

PaulNewman wrote: Very Nice.. no shipping to Europa? Price in Euro or $ ?
Price is in GBP and shipping is international as stated in the original post :)

QWERTim

30 Jul 2014, 10:49

Hi Guys

We are considering changing the Lambda key cap to doubleshot instead of engraved and infilled. This would not only reduce the cost of the key caps, but also make shipping in the US cheaper.

What do you think?

noobie94

30 Jul 2014, 10:57

I would take 1 or 2 8-) :D :twisted:

rodxx

31 Jul 2014, 23:49

Id actually prefer for it to be doubleshot. Im thinking about buying several, is there any chance of making them in a DSA profile?

Nuum

31 Jul 2014, 23:51

Doubleshot is better, but why would shipping in the US be cheaper than with infill?

scottc

31 Jul 2014, 23:55

I suppose that if they do doubleshots they'll switch providers to some mysterious keycap manufacturer in the US.

QWERTim

01 Aug 2014, 11:47

scottc wrote: I suppose that if they do doubleshots they'll switch providers to some mysterious keycap manufacturer in the US.
This ^

We'd just get them to ship direct to our proxy instead, then ship the remaining units to us.

QWERTim

07 Aug 2014, 14:10

QWERTim

09 Sep 2014, 14:51

They have arrvied!

They look amazing!

Iacoizumi

11 Sep 2014, 16:22

QWERTim wrote: They have arrvied!

They look amazing!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/ma ... 938ee0.jpg
Now how in the world did I miss this? I assume there are some number of extras that will be up for sale at some point in the future?

Edit: ;) Probably should have read the initial post first.
QWERTim wrote:A minimum of 101 key caps will be produced, so if you fail to register your interest in time, please do not panic! There will be surplus stock which will be listed on our website.
Last edited by Iacoizumi on 11 Sep 2014, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

QWERTim

11 Sep 2014, 16:23

Iacoizumi wrote:
QWERTim wrote: They have arrvied!

They look amazing!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/ma ... 938ee0.jpg
Now how in the world did I miss this? I assume there are some number of extras that will be up for sale at some point in the future?
Should be plenty. They'll be on sale shortly after the group buy has gone out.

Iacoizumi

11 Sep 2014, 16:25

QWERTim wrote: Should be plenty. They'll be on sale shortly after the group buy has gone out.
:D Then I'll keep on the lookout for them. Thanks!

QWERTim

11 Sep 2014, 16:57

Just had confirmation that these have now all been dispatched. They will be available next week for general release.

Iacoizumi

15 Sep 2014, 00:02

QWERTim wrote: Just had confirmation that these have now all been dispatched. They will be available next week for general release.
Annddd... they're up for general purchase now! Just grabbed three for myself, and a few of those cherry stabs.

:D Can't wait until they arrive!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Sep 2014, 00:06

I need better pictures for http://keypuller.com :)

QWERTim

15 Sep 2014, 00:11

matt3o wrote:I need better pictures for http://keypuller.com :)
You can take some when yours arrives :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Sep 2014, 00:17

lazy boy :P

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Sep 2014, 08:07

ps: just for clarity, by better I mean "higher resolution" not "artistically better"

beltet

17 Sep 2014, 13:34

Got mine today, looks real good!:
Spoiler:
matt3o wrote: ps: just for clarity, by better I mean "higher resolution" not "artistically better"
If you want these crappy images you are welcome to use them.

Return to “Group buys”