DSA Dolch Scandinavian MOD CANCELED! (Yellow and NO keys moved)

mangaeva

14 Jan 2015, 15:50

Dear All!

Sadly because of miscommunication about price from SP's part when I first tried to build up this project, I soon had to realize the price was way higher for this many custom keys. I had to make a choice to cut down the number of keycaps and only the following 6 keycaps are left in the modified project:

-YBP color ESC key
-YBP color ~` key
-YBP color Broken circle arrow key
-GE color Å
-GE color Ø
-GE color Æ

Price has been confirmed by SP as 18.3 USD/set, however I am going to sell the set for 14.5 USD/set to hopefully make it more accessible to those who want it.

Please look at the link below for more details.
http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/d ... 11604.html

Thank you~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read original Canceled post below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear All!

To point out in the beginning. This post has been edited, the design has changed slightly (going into details below).

Back story:
Previously I had to cancel the project because I wasn't ready to start a production in case I might not be able to get 24 people together in a short amount of time who want to have this little mod for their collection or their keyboard which they use every day. I was also saving up intensively for an apartment.

Back in January I was thinking about making a Norwegian mod for the DSA Dolch keycap set, for fellow people (and myself) who would want to have a DSA Dolch Norwegian keyboard with quality keycaps. I got some great comments which I kept in my mind ever since:
-Swedish keycaps
-And an alternative ISO arrow key (As seen on other DSA sets)

What I offer today:
I had my fair share of time with the concept of the layout I was planning to accomplish and I realized it wasn't practical at all. To have the ' symbol in the place of the Escape key was leading to an awkward typing experience. I decided to lean the mod closer to the actual Scandinavian layout on the market. This allowed me to move the {[]} keys onto the ALT layer and thus winning two keys which was enough to keep a comfortable typing layout even if the special Scandinavian characters are placed in their original international place, pushing the ' " key up next to the \ | key, but it remains an option to just leave the ' " keycap in its US position (on the left of the Return key).

Inside the mod set there is:

1-YBP Yellow ESC (The idea came from the photo by HPE1000 which I also included in the preview image)
1-YBP Yellow Broken Circle With Northwest Arrow symbol (As seen in other DSA keysets)
1-YBP Yellow ~` key
1-Dolch dark grey FN key to replace the CAPS LOCK key (size: 1.75U) (A function available in V60 mini and probably other 60% keyboards) which isn't included in the DSA Dolch key set sadly.(so here is the chance to get one!)
4- Modded 7, 8, 9 and 0 keys with {[]} on the ALT layer
5- Scandinavian character keys Å, Ø ,Æ ,Ö and Ä (Covering needs for Danish, Swedish and Norwegian users) with ; : on the ALT layer

YBP is the same Yellow which the WASD DSA keyset is available in.

Method of production: Doubleshot

EDIT: Slight changes to the ALT layer symbols! They are not in the right bottom corner anymore, but rather aligned right horizontally to the middle

THE DEAL:

I am in contact with Signature Plastics. We had to clarify some things so I was able to finalize the design (I tried to have yellow legends for the ALT layer but I was uncertain about PED printing, at the end I stayed with double shot white color). They haven't got back to me yet regarding the price but here is what I assume:

ca. 15$/set for a set of 25.

Total production cost ca. 375 USD.

I have saved up enough money to do the whole production myself, but I would like to reduce the blow on my pocket and look for 8(or maybe more) individual who would be willing to hop onto the wagon with me.

What do you think? Are there any others interested? Please comment or PM me :)

Thank you~

----------------------------

List of those who have signed up so far(Thank you so much!):

1. romevi
2. t8c/Muirium
3. KaminBobby
4. zaarqon
5. dezoe
6. zslane
7. flabbergast
8. shottky
------in case more people would like to join.
and so on and so on
Attachments
DSA Dolch US Scandinavian Mod
DSA Dolch US Scandinavian Mod
DSA_Dolch_US_Scandinavian_Mod4.jpg (458.96 KiB) Viewed 8430 times
Last edited by mangaeva on 19 Sep 2015, 20:09, edited 17 times in total.

beltet

15 Jan 2015, 00:16

I may be interested in Nordic legends. But I would like a whole kit. I don't own DSA DOLCH and don't think I can get one in the near future. I'm more interested in a full set.

mprime

15 Jan 2015, 00:31

I for one would be interested. What about a ⎋ icon for escape as well?

mangaeva

15 Jan 2015, 19:13

beltet wrote: I may be interested in Nordic legends. But I would like a whole kit. I don't own DSA DOLCH and don't think I can get one in the near future. I'm more interested in a full set.
Originally this was a full set project, but Simple Plastics is currently producing it, so it wouldn't make sense to run a full set project you see. So I am showing here only the additional keys I would like to make a reality as I am totally getting my hands on the full set once it's out :)

Full English set I mean. Thus I need the additional keys and the orange design.
Last edited by mangaeva on 15 Jan 2015, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

mangaeva

15 Jan 2015, 19:18

mprime wrote: I for one would be interested. What about a ⎋ icon for escape as well?
Hei mprime!

Is Deskthority glitching or you really want to have a square icon on the ESC key?
If we would add that key to the set I am sure the price would go higher. If there would be a lot of people coming forward to support me with this set, I would definitely go another run with Simple Plastics about the additional key and price. However it is not the right time yet I think. :(

I would be happy if you would join me on this though~

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2015, 20:49

mangaeva wrote: Is Deskthority glitching or you really want to have a square icon on the ESC key?
No, just your browser. Shows up fine here. It's a Unicode character.
Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 7.44.57 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 7.44.57 pm.png (242.21 KiB) Viewed 10596 times
I have a full ANSI TKL DSA Dolch set, but no ISO keys or non-Windows mods. The original DSA Dolch GB went south (the organiser, Druger, ran off with the money) and that wrecked the DSA Dolch ISO GB I was planning to join as well. SP still made the ANSI caps, though, and I picked up a set from their store.

So I'd like some ISO keys, too. And a better selection of mods. SP tends to be crazy expensive at making ISO Return keys, though.

mangaeva

15 Jan 2015, 21:07

Muirium wrote:
mangaeva wrote: Is Deskthority glitching or you really want to have a square icon on the ESC key?
No, just your browser. Shows up fine here. It's a Unicode character.
Thank you Muirium!
This symbol would look really amazing on a key like this. I can definitely see the appeal~

Exactly that background story made me a bit scared of this whole "group project". People not trusting me as I literally popped up out of nowhere. One of the reasons I was actually glad Simple Plastics is working on the standard set already as a smaller project requires less money from the individuals and hopefully they are more willing to part take without the fear of getting ripped off.

I think it's sad when one person just decides to flip everyone over thus ruining the whole thing.

For now I just hope that more people is going to join this little project and at least a tiny bit win their trust back in humanity. :)
If I wouldn't be having the money save up schedule which I have now I totally would have gone into the production alone and sell it afterwards, but currently at least, 5 sets are the most I am willing to pay myself at once.
My mind might change once I get my hands on the full set and really want to have these keys. x)

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2015, 21:13

You do know about SP's "Pimp My Keyboard" (ugh) system? It's a pretty good idea, where they collect the money instead of an organiser, and everyone only pays when the whole thing gets enough orders to succeed. It's inspired by Kickstarter, of course.

I'd like icon mods all round, like how we managed to achieve in Granite. I may have been the lead instigator for that idea!

mangaeva

15 Jan 2015, 21:20

Muirium wrote: You do know about SP's "Pimp My Keyboard" (ugh) system? It's a pretty good idea, where they collect the money instead of an organiser, and everyone only pays when the whole thing gets enough orders to succeed. It's inspired by Kickstarter, of course.

I'd like icon mods all round, like how we managed to achieve in Granite. I may have been the lead instigator for that idea!
I indeed know about it but as I read the minimum interest they search for is 100 people (Or maybe I misunderstood something). I doubt that I can find that many people interested in this matter so I first post on the forums and see the reaction. :)

By the way I fixed it. Chrome can view the symbol now~

Muirium
µ

15 Jan 2015, 21:24

Yeah, they added the IC step at PMK after I was last involved in a GB. You used to just launch live and wish for luck!

mangaeva

20 Jan 2015, 17:56

Anyone else interested? :)

invisiblefly

28 Jan 2015, 06:40

Still available? I'm interested in full set

Shanghaied

28 Jan 2015, 15:08

Love the colours. I would be interested if it's a full set with a choice of Swedish letters. Probably not gonna happen though. To be honest I would be interested in any DSA set with Ä/Å/Ö. Also why can't SE/NO/DK just use the same letters? Would make buying caps a LOT easier.

Findecanor

28 Jan 2015, 16:33

I'm not a fan of the feel of DSA, although it does look really nice. If you support Swedish, I will help pitch it on Swedish forums.

pyrelink

28 Jan 2015, 19:26

Honestly, I would buy a set simply for that yellow escape key. It looks awesome!

Muirium
µ

28 Jan 2015, 19:27

It is a nice match, aye.

What colour code is this "orange" as you call it? I'd say "mustard", which is nice with dark old Dolch.

Shanghaied

28 Jan 2015, 23:16

I can also imagine settling for a iso function/modifier kit with the lovely colours + a language kit à la Granite or DT/7bit group buys. If it's only for the nordic languages (SE/DK/NO/FI, I dare not touch Icelandic), then you are only looking at something like 30 keys in total, plus function keys and modifiers. Much more manageable than a full set.

copter
Last Man Standing

28 Jan 2015, 23:26

If this would be full set with ISO + FI/SE modifiers as well, then I'm sure in!

tangmi

03 Mar 2015, 07:05

Hi! If there is still interest in this set from the original poster, I would like to express my own interest in the orange escape/tilde key!

ctrlX

03 Mar 2015, 09:04

copter wrote: If this would be full set with ISO + FI/SE modifiers as well, then I'm sure in!
I second that. All in with full ISO set with FI/SE keys. 98% in if it is just the FI/SE keys.

dezoe

23 Mar 2015, 02:31

Full set and/or SE caps (ÅÄÖ) and I would be in

dezoe

02 Apr 2015, 15:03

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Apr 2015, 15:12

as some of you know I learned quite a bit about PMK last night...I'm gonna refrain form saying more right now! :evilgeek:

http://deskthority.net/vendors-f52/sign ... ml#p221451

maxpower

01 Jul 2015, 21:26

Let me buy some! :D Just the keys or a set, just take my money!

filphil

01 Jul 2015, 21:40

I don't post here usually(usually gh and r/mk) but was it a consideration to add an orange return key to match the esc key?

What about those two in addition to an arrow set similar to the Ivan dolch color pack for TKL users?
https://www.keychatter.com/wp-content/u ... -49-14.jpg

ideus

02 Jul 2015, 01:12

ctrlX wrote:
copter wrote: If this would be full set with ISO + FI/SE modifiers as well, then I'm sure in!
I second that. All in with full ISO set with FI/SE keys. 98% in if it is just the FI/SE keys.

I'd be in for an ISO enter in Dolch color. The problem with Dolch is that it does not have an ISO key, this may solve it.

romevi

02 Jul 2015, 01:21

I don't come on here often so I missed this. Is it too late to get an orange Esc key?

romevi

11 Jul 2015, 07:07

I would LOVE an orange Esc if there's on available, especially now that there's a Massdrop on the mod sets!

t8c

20 Jul 2015, 11:48

Please make this happen good folks = )

fleece

31 Jul 2015, 19:54

This looks awesome! I would love to buy this

Return to “Group buys”