[Interest Check] [EU] Acrylic Roof cover for 60% and TKL

ajx

24 Sep 2015, 20:12

Hey, from the most famous french high-tech forum (hardware.fr), we, french HFR members, are currently planning to make a roof cover such as same cover sold on EK/Banggood

http://www.banggood.com/fr/Acrylic-Keyb ... 87811.html

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php ... cess,roofs

We got an estimation of final price: 9 eur per cover
Price will not decrease gradually no matter of the quantity
We will produce 20 covers for this GB, it does include mine, Ramnes (he takes 2) and another french member
16 covers will be eventually on sale
We also need to check cost shipping
I am sorry for foreign members who migh be interested but this GB is intented for EU.
This is simply a shipping cost issue

There are two size, 60% and TKL and there is a slight chance for having the choice of color
A prototype will be created pretty soon
Free feel to propose the ideal dimensions which are not fixed yet
Once right dimensions done, a logotype/signature might be added, not sure, but we can vote whether you want a logo/signature or raw cover either

Any good suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks ;)

pr0ximity

25 Sep 2015, 15:32

I've been hoping to find an EK-style one that would fit my 107-key 4707 Model F. Would be the same height and depth, but 1.5x the size of their TKL one. Any chance of getting something like that? Basically a full-size model.

Also, the Banggood one you linked is different in size from the EK-style one (Banggood's goes over the case, EK's sits on top). Which are you planning on?

ajx

25 Sep 2015, 20:42

Hey, i can ask if it would be possible to make one that could fits on your keyboard
Do you have the dimensions of your keyboard?
We are planning to make in Banggood's, it will provide more compatibility among many keyboard on the market
Moreover, it may be more efficient against drink spilling

sdieter

28 Sep 2015, 02:46

I take two, if they fit my hhkb :)

ajx

28 Sep 2015, 15:43

got it, we are currently finalizing the right dimensions

ajx

01 Oct 2015, 12:42

I am wondering i you guys wish an engraved acronym logo
We are currently suggesting a mix of deskthority and hardware.fr
Something like DT/HFR + logo of both

Hypersphere

01 Oct 2015, 18:24

I have one of each size from EK.

Small: Perfect fit for my HHKB Pro 2.

Medium: Perfect fit for my RF87U.

Large: Unexpected bonus -- perfect fit for my IBM XT.

I use them without the pads, which did not work very well for me. If you are reasonably careful, the roof will not scratch the keyboards.

The ones from EK are solid and well made from 3 mm thick acrylic. If someone can produce roofs of comparable quality at lower prices, this would be good.

My own preference would be clear acrylic -- no colors and no logos. I also like the EK design for the roof, which sits on top of the keyboard rather than trying to cover the entire board and sitting on the desk, which would require an opening for the cable.

ajx

02 Oct 2015, 09:55

Indeed, the EK's model would suit better but limits the compatibility for many 60% keyboards that have different size dimensions

No colour and logo/no logo

sdieter

02 Oct 2015, 10:46

I really enjoy the roof from ek so far, fits my poker 2 and my hhkb pefectly! (just to report) :D

Troif

07 Oct 2015, 00:06

I obtained a EK roof from a proxy in the US. It fits perfectly my HHKB and my Pok3r. I would ask one more and also one for my TKL keyboards. (And one for my Model M would be great). Inform about prices and how to proceed.

meevilsheep

12 Oct 2015, 21:59

Any news on this? I`d like 1 TKL cover, if possible.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

13 Oct 2015, 00:16

Prototypes are on their way. ;)

sdieter

13 Oct 2015, 02:03

ramnes wrote:Prototypes are on their way. ;)
Great! Keep us updated :)

meevilsheep

05 Dec 2015, 21:40

Nothing new?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

05 Dec 2015, 22:34

It's just taking way longer than expected, but we're still on it. I'll post pictures ASAP. :)

LeandreN

06 Dec 2015, 02:05

cool !

ajx

10 Dec 2015, 19:14

Cover proto are on the way!
We will upload photos within few days

julientaq

10 Dec 2015, 21:51

would it cover an infinity keybaord and a whitefox one? i would take two of those then.

Return to “Marketplace Help”