Looking to buy replacements for dulling keycaps

Mayakii

28 Jan 2015, 13:23

Heya!~

New guy here, trying to hopefully get some help from intelligent people about keyboards :D
I've gotten myself a Noppoo choc mini less than a year ago, and after some time, I've noticed that arts of my keyboard keycaps are dulling : http://i.imgur.com/UCmgACN.png

So i'm looking for a replacement keys. I've looked around many sites, including this site(with search) and still didn't quite understood what keycaps I should aim for... As they say - better safe than sorry :D

I'm interested in getting white keycaps( something like this - http://i.imgur.com/z6U2DS9.jpg ), but I don't mind if they have prints ;) I just don't really wish to pay the keyboard price for keycaps :?

I mean, I would appreciate any useful info to what type of keycaps I need, or even better - links to store selling the right/fitting ones :oops:

Thanks in advance~
Maya

andrewjoy

28 Jan 2015, 13:26

Have you tried deep cleaning the caps in warm water with washing/dishwasher powder ? i think they are printed caps so i would not scrub too hard or leave them in too long but you may able to improve them a bit better.

As for new caps , the Noppoo choc mini is a none standard layout so you may struggle with that. you can get caps to fit , but no reasonable priced standard sets.

Nuum

28 Jan 2015, 13:32

This one would fit kind of, but I'm not sure of the bottom row. That depends on the revision of your Noppoo. Also it's sold out currently.

Mayakii

28 Jan 2015, 13:34

andrewjoy wrote: Have you tried deep cleaning the caps in warm water with washing/dishwasher powder ? i think they are printed caps so i would not scrub too hard or leave them in too long but you may able to improve them a bit better.
How would it improve? I mean, some of them are ok, some of them are missing many parts(as if it was scratched off, or paint just fell off). It's bit frustrating when "everything" is not ok :| There's an idea to carefully remove all of the , for example, number prints, so if one is gone - all of them are gone :?

andrewjoy wrote: As for new caps , the Noppoo choc mini is a none standard layout so you may struggle with that. you can get caps to fit , but no reasonable priced standard sets.
I mean, I've seen some people have cool keycaps for their noppoo keyboards(apart from spacebar)... :cry:

Nuum wrote: This one would fit kind of, but I'm not sure of the bottom row. That depends on the revision of your Noppoo. Also it's sold out currently.
Hmm... Before I looked at This, but since i see number differences and switches=/=keyboard, i guess :?

andrewjoy

28 Jan 2015, 13:39

Mayakii wrote: How would it improve? I mean, some of them are ok, some of them are missing many parts(as if it was scratched off, or paint just fell off). It's bit frustrating when "everything" is not ok :| There's an idea to carefully remove all of the , for example, number prints, so if one is gone - all of them are gone :?
it looks from the photo that there is just dirt engrained in the legends but possibly its the crappy monitor i have in work

Mayakii

28 Jan 2015, 13:42

andrewjoy wrote: it looks from the photo that there is just dirt engrained in the legends but possibly its the crappy monitor i have in work
The prints are missing paint , so yeah, it's like they're scratched off, as for grayish textures, it's the flash + dust :D

Halvar

28 Jan 2015, 14:01

It's pretty much impossible to get a spacebar for the Noppo Choc mini because it has a very unusual length. So if you buy new keycaps you should probably go for black or at least something that you don't mind combining with the original space bar.

Mayakii

28 Jan 2015, 14:13

Halvar wrote: It's pretty much impossible to get a spacebar for the Noppo Choc mini because it has a very unusual length. So if you buy new keycaps you should probably go for black or at least something that you don't mind combining with the original space bar.
White and black is an OK combo, so I don't mind replacing most to white, leaving main keys black, so spacebar wouldn't be alone :lol:

davkol

28 Jan 2015, 14:14

Noppoo Choc Mini has Cherry-profile keycaps. If you care about fading lettering (I don't), look for Cherry/replica doubleshots or dyesubs, e.g., used originals or replicas from Imsto. The only matching replacement spacebars are 3D-printed though.

Return to “Marketplace Help”