Meto 8000 Keyboard (Cherry G81-1138 HAU)

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Mar 2015, 17:52

I bought this big box with a label printer because there was also a Cherry G81-1138 HAU keyboard included, with which the printer can be programmed. So... who needs some labels? 7Bit for Round 5 GB packages?

The device was bought in '89, even the original bill was included: it was 39.120,- Austrian Schillings back then, which is now (without inflation) about € 2843. So a lot of money! You could get a good car for that money at this time.

So far the caps are in a good condition, only the ENTER and the F9 (PRINT) cap show a lot of shine - probably because of the use of this keyboard and the device it was attached to:

Unfortunately I did not draw the version with the international letters side printed to some caps:

The next Cherry board I bought with some other logo than Cherry on it (I also got a Phoneboard not long ago):

And a picture of the label, I don't know much about Cherry boards - so here it is:

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Mar 2015, 18:06

It was a scam when the machine was bought :shock:

There must have been delivered a G80, and not a G81! So they paid 2.800,- Austrian Schillings, about € 204 today - again without inflation - for the wrong keyboard!

scottc

30 Mar 2015, 18:08

Very nice. Interesting that it has a US layout, considering that it was sold in Austria.

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Mar 2015, 18:22

The G80 version of this keyboard has the additional printed legends on some caps.
Here are two images of the Meto 8000 G80 keyboard, from IvanIvanovich:
Spoiler:

IvanIvanovich

30 Mar 2015, 18:54

Mine was originally a G81, I put in a G80 PCB myself that I modded to reds before I sold the thing. It's seller was in England... so I elected to NOT take the label printer with it even though I technically won it due to the shipping costs.
I think the labelprinter has ML switches on it's keypad?
Nice find though. The logo on your case is much cooler looking I think.

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Mar 2015, 19:47

The logo is much cooler, that's true. I don't know what switches the labelprinter has, I have to look at work tomorrow! Better you didn't get that printer, because the package was really heavy - therefor I didn't took it with me today.

IvanIvanovich

31 Mar 2015, 00:17

Right, it is a very heavy commercial grade printer. I think the one I won was an even older version. Pretty sure it used some old style connection and I couldn't find any mention of x64 Windows drivers so it would have been dubious to take it when the shipping was something like 3x what I won it for.

7bit

31 Mar 2015, 07:52

And what about the rest of the content?
:?

Also:
Please keep the box!!!
:o

photekq
Cherry Picker

31 Mar 2015, 08:24

Nice find madhias! Great pics like always.

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Mar 2015, 08:28

7bit wrote: And what about the rest of the content?
:?

Also:
Please keep the box!!!
:o
I have to try it out! I already found replacement Toner to buy for the printer, so you could need a programmable label printer for your sales, 7bit! Imagine a label like "Cherry MX Green 80pcs" :)

Return to “Gallery”