Granite on WhiteFox -- is this the end?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Aug 2016, 17:41

It took me quite few years but I did it! A decent PBT set over my beloved 65% layout. And now what... ? I just miss wireless I guess... well, give me another couple of years and I'll get there :)

scottc

01 Aug 2016, 17:43

Beautiful. :D What a killer combination! I just need a couple of granite keys before mine looks as good (except in Cyrillic!).

I love the whitefox keycap too. Looks so cool!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Aug 2016, 17:49

what keys do you miss?

HzFaq

01 Aug 2016, 17:52

Very nice, those Elven caps are great looking but the icon mods are the start of the show for me. I wish I could get on with that profile but after trying Retro for a few weeks I had to go back to Cherry profile.

I'm still fiddling with mine; I think I'm going back to clears as blacks aren't as nice on a plate mounted board IMO. I'm starting a new job soon and I'm super tempted to take it in as my daily, it's a pretty big commitment though as to avoid springing my keyboard strangeness on them I'd have to use it for a few months straight!

scottc

01 Aug 2016, 18:05

matt3o wrote: what keys do you miss?
1.75u right shift (but I've got a vim key to use there), and the 1.5u backspace, I think that's it!
HzFaq wrote: Very nice, those Elven caps are great looking but the icon mods are the start of the show for me. I wish I could get on with that profile but after trying Retro for a few weeks I had to go back to Cherry profile.

I'm still fiddling with mine; I think I'm going back to clears as blacks aren't as nice on a plate mounted board IMO. I'm starting a new job soon and I'm super tempted to take it in as my daily, it's a pretty big commitment though as to avoid springing my keyboard strangeness on them I'd have to use it for a few months straight!
I had some similar issues with DSA profile to you, HzFaq. I love the texture and feel of PBT DSA but think I prefer Cherry profile. Still, unprofiled caps are so useful for boards like the Whitefox. I can't deal with off-profile keys on the far right row and it's so hard to get good Cherry-profile caps for them...

I think I agree with you about MX blacks plate-mounted, don't like it much either. I've currently got MX reds in my Whitefox, might swap them soon though.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Aug 2016, 18:09

DSA is the Swiss knife of keyboard makers :)

Return to “Gallery”