My newest keyboard.

cinnamonrollz

09 Aug 2014, 07:09

While my 1391401 is off to be restored, I've got a new keyboard to play with! While The e-bay ad was for a bigfoot model f, I was not really that disappointed when I opened the box. To my surprise I had just gotten a really really good condition ibm 122 key keyboard for only $30! Due to some really conflicting evidence I can only say its a 1397979 from an old 3196.

Muirium
µ

09 Aug 2014, 12:44

Good shape indeed, and a nice price. I'd still be cheesed about missing out on a Model F, though!

andrewjoy

09 Aug 2014, 18:26

As would i, it is a nice board however in very good condition. Now when you do get a model F terminal you have plenty of spare parts :). I also read somewhere you can use the top case of a model m terminal on a model f with a bit of persuasion.

cinnamonrollz

10 Aug 2014, 00:08

If it weren't in such good condition only missing 1 key, the only wear or dirt on the num pad, and little scraps of plastic from when it was molded still present I would of returned it. There is literally no dirt or dust under the keys. Leads me to belive the board was used to control something and was solemnly used. All the scratches buffed out with just a damp paper towel. I couldn't do a layout mod without loosing keys on the model f anyway.

andrewjoy

10 Aug 2014, 01:06

What would you want to change on the layout ? the main area is almost a modern layout ( its kind of like ansi with an iso enter). On the F the PCB does support more keys you would just need the springs and barrels ( hard to come by).

Return to “Gallery”