CardioDynamics BZ-326 w/ MX Blues (Dolch PAC-486)

Compgeke

12 Sep 2014, 06:38

Picked this thing up last week, mainly for the computer part but it doesn't have a bad keyboard either. It's identical to a Dolch PAC-486 but no Dolch branding anywhere.

Keyboard on this isn't bad. Double-shot ABS Keycaps, MX Blue switches.'

MX Blue switches and a Green spacebar switch.

Double-Shot ABS Caps. Not too bad really.

Up next will be inside shots and this thing. Gotta wait until I have better light as my flash isn't doing so well in this hotel room and sharpness with the lighting is pretty shit. Rest of the pictures of the machine are here: http://imgur.com/a/c4inz

Compgeke

20 Sep 2014, 08:14

Alright, got some more pictures of it, including inside shots.

First off here's a closeup of the key text. I do quite like the caps on this although I don't like them enough to leave the system without keycaps.

Here's a better shot of the switches it has. MX Blues with the Green spacebar, cherry stabs.

Specific model of it? G80-1813HFU.

Entire PCB of the board. Typical Cherry except the controller is above the main PCB rather than under it and LEDs are seperate.

And finally the connector. I find the small features like the fully removable cable nice, makes it easier to replace a worn\damaged cable with probably a phone handset cable

If there's any other shots you want feel free to let me know.

janvkn

20 Sep 2014, 12:27

Nice find. Was this some kind of specialty portable computer?

Compgeke

20 Sep 2014, 17:53

This one here was designed to run some sort of heart monitoring software. Unfortunately I don't have the external hardware that would've gone with it and the proprietary ISA card that would've interfaced with the external stuff causes the system to refuse to boot with beep codes for display refresh error.

There's a picture of the software it's designed to run in here: http://imgur.com/a/c4inz .

Return to “Gallery”