1st Vienna Keyboard Meeting

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Nov 2014, 08:46

Yesterday on 15th of November was the first Viennese keyboard meeting. We were two persons, not included one wife and child, waiting patiently and making a good face on the matter. Unfortunately i didn't bring some of my keyboards with me, only keycaps, but we will definitely make another Vienna meetup in the future!

Here are three images, all keyboards and interior from DT user HAL. There were more keyboards there, and one could have a hangover because of so many rarities and strange variations of IBM keyboards.

Muirium
µ

16 Nov 2014, 12:59

A Kishsaver, an Industrial SSK, and a wild crowd of craven keyboarders… wait a minute. You were having a keyboard meeting?

photekq
Cherry Picker

16 Nov 2014, 13:51

Amazing stuff.

snoopy

16 Nov 2014, 15:56

Nice boards. I was in Vienna this week. :D

scottc

16 Nov 2014, 16:00

Amazing collection. I'm quite jealous.

HAL, you should get a beam spring or two!

ماء

16 Nov 2014, 18:43

So clean 8-) industrial and m15 are really nice 8-)

Madhias
BS TORPE

16 Nov 2014, 19:17

snoopy wrote: Nice boards. I was in Vienna this week. :D
Hope you enjoyed your visit! It's rather a grey and foggy city in this season. Sometimes very windy too.

JackMills

16 Nov 2014, 19:30

Too bad I was in Vienna until 11/11. And I am not that active online so inviting myself would seem a bit weird.

HAL

16 Nov 2014, 19:46

JackMills wrote: Too bad I was in Vienna until 11/11. And I am not that active online so inviting myself would seem a bit weird.
If you like keyboards, this entitles you to participate anytime. It is not weird to show up.
It was coffee and keyboards and an unicomp delivery, thanks madhias. I used the opportunity to show some of my collection. And madhias brought his clacks along and his super cool :o camera and lenses.
The next time we will have a keyboard meeting we will announce it in advance.

Here is another shot of the Unsaver:
IBM_Model_F_SpaceUnsaver_6016730_weight_1024x640.jpg
IBM_Model_F_SpaceUnsaver_6016730_weight_1024x640.jpg (224.34 KiB) Viewed 5217 times

beltet

18 Nov 2014, 00:15

What I would do for a kishsaver... Or a Unsaver... Great pics!

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Nov 2014, 00:40

Is it NSFW? Like... like some really nasty dirty
Spoiler:
keyboards you'll have to clean for someone?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Nov 2014, 08:49

great stuff, happy to see our Viennese IBM division having a good time! :)

JackMills

18 Nov 2014, 10:10

beltet wrote:What I would do for a kishsaver... Or a Unsaver... Great pics!
A Kishsaver would be a dream come true. I still regret it that my father got rid of all his old computer stuff before I got really interested in it. He had some model M and F, but they are all gone because with each PC updated came a new keyboard making the old ones obsolete. A shame of which I am reminded each time I see such a nice collection.

Laser
emacs -nw

18 Nov 2014, 11:20

All of you (or rather, us) who drool about a kishsaver should perhaps gather around the XTant project and organize a groupbuy for a capacitive PCB compatible with standard small format keyboard cases.

Muirium
µ

18 Nov 2014, 13:07

I've got a Kishsaver but I'm preparing for an XTant build anyway. (Because the 77 key 4704s are insanely hard to come by, and I bet I can't afford one if they do ever show up.)

But you're talking about something based on the XTant, that's smaller and fits what case? Besides its custom PCB and caps, the XTant is a conservative design, constrained by the XT. What precisely have you got in mind?

Laser
emacs -nw

18 Nov 2014, 13:27

I am thinking of the following:

- using Xwhatsit's custom controller, one shouldn't be constrained to the original capacitive matrix (right?)
- any larger, existing plate system (front and back plates) can be cut (if it's not considered a blasphemy ...)
- all that remains, to make a smallish keyboard is now the case: one can find 'empty shells' of other keyboards which can be make compatible, one can opt for an open-case design, or create one (e.g. with something similar to Matt3o's 3d printing machine).

CeeSA

18 Nov 2014, 13:41

Keyboard meeting and "Kindergarten" together? The 1st pic leaves me cringe.

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Nov 2014, 13:47

I knew you'd say that. Muirium, did you make a header out of the first pic yet? :twisted:

Return to “Gallery”