My backlog...

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

17 Nov 2014, 07:53

Started prepping to cut down on my backlog today...

All the boxes in this pic have either no pics, not entered into my spreadsheet or may need updated pics. Though the majority have no pics at all :?

Nothing as cool as the Smith Corona Ultrasonic keyboard, but there are a bunch of interesting ones (such as the oldest "computer" keyboard I own as of now). :mrgreen:

JackMills

17 Nov 2014, 08:48

Seems you have some work to do [emoji4]

matt3o
-[°_°]-

17 Nov 2014, 09:10

I hate you a little...

rindorbrot

17 Nov 2014, 20:39

Somebody wants to win a Wingnut again? ;)

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Nov 2014, 21:50

The only question is: do you now have a camera with a flash?

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

17 Nov 2014, 22:49

My camera/phone has had a flash since I started posting to Flickr. And unless the glare is too high, I use a Fill Flash.

Though I'm open to camera suggestions seeing as black friday is coming up soon :D

Muirium
µ

18 Nov 2014, 15:04

It's spelled "braglog"…

A couple of things would make all the difference, photography wise. A macro lens is the top one. Both Canon and Nikon have excellent ones, at several hundred bucks, which need a DSLR behind them of course! You can cheap out a little on the camera, though; as keyboards aren't exactly fast moving, so the entry level DSLR camera bodies ought to perform admirably.

The second thing is a good soft flash. You can achieve that by popping on an external flash (the cool kids say "strobe") to the top of the camera and pointing up, away from the subject. But lighting is a hell of a deep rabbit hole in its own right, and there truly is no end of it, just like these keyboards.

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Nov 2014, 15:21

He's just pestering Beardsmore. Open those switches!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Mar 2015, 18:49

Don't forget the piano's keyboard. I look forward to its review as well.

mr_a500

13 Mar 2015, 20:30

I bet his piano is rubber dome.

Imagine if piano keyboards had cheapened like computer keyboards have. We'd have flat chiclet pianos at classical recitals by now.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

13 Mar 2015, 20:37

Uhm. They have.

You certainly can't find ivory key pianos at your local music store. (Not that I think one should ever own or purchase one!)

HAL

13 Mar 2015, 21:22

Muirium wrote: It's spelled "braglog"…

A couple of things would make all the difference, photography wise. A macro lens is the top one. Both Canon and Nikon have excellent ones, at several hundred bucks, which need a DSLR behind them of course! You can cheap out a little on the camera, though; as keyboards aren't exactly fast moving, so the entry level DSLR camera bodies ought to perform admirably.

The second thing is a good soft flash. You can achieve that by popping on an external flash (the cool kids say "strobe") to the top of the camera and pointing up, away from the subject. But lighting is a hell of a deep rabbit hole in its own right, and there truly is no end of it, just like these keyboards.
You don't always need a DSLR sometimes the camera on your phone with the built in led/flash works as well :lol:
IBM_Model_M_industrial_SSK_1395682_19930107_front_1280x720.jpg
IBM_Model_M_industrial_SSK_1395682_19930107_front_1280x720.jpg (151.79 KiB) Viewed 2316 times

Return to “Gallery”